My new in box glass moonroof

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30serg
    replied
    just did. i lost track of this thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    Originally posted by e30serg
    Any updates on the instructions??? PLEASE POST!
    How about making copies at Ki

    Want a copy??? say so here!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30serg
    replied
    Any updates on the instructions??? PLEASE POST!
    How about making copies at Ki

    Leave a comment:


  • BDSax
    replied
    if you are a junk yard goer be patient. i finally found one for $30 with sunshade. needs work but the glass is perfect.

    beautiful find!

    Leave a comment:


  • lifestyle101
    replied
    :bow: i want a copy tooo!! pleseeeeeee

    Leave a comment:


  • Schmalex
    replied
    Originally posted by BigFurryWhale
    Congrats! I dig mine



    ;)
    After seeing this i now hate you... because you made me want one =[

    Leave a comment:


  • maco325e
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerista
    It only fits etas...it won't work on your car. Give it to me! :D
    +1 waiting in line. Congrats on the find, I'm jealous and waiting on copies of the install/parts needed.:p

    Leave a comment:


  • BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    Originally posted by ainadude
    Brenner, congrats on a nice find ... you're going to love the finished product. On question: I'm curious as to how the inner sunshade works. I bought a new kit a dozen years ago, but mine didn't include the shade. I fabbed one from the headliner piece frame and a handle from an E32 (I think) sunshade , but it's a bit dodgy because there's nothing to keep it perfectly parallel in the opening as you slide it back and forth. On mine, you've got to be careful as you move the forward and back to keep it from getting stuck and an ex-girlfriend of mine once shoved it too far back. Is there some cable mechanism or something to ensure it moves smoothly and evenly or to restrict it from going back to far? Also, on yours, is it set up so the shade will automatically retract with the moonroof itself? Mine's strictly manual in that respect.
    To be very honest I havent really dug to much into the install yet. Since so many people have requested a copy on the instructions I was thinkin og takin some pics of the pages and posting them(I dont have a scanner)... maybe someone can make a pdf of it or something.

    I know the shade is locked into 2 tracks under the roof tracks by 2 tabs and that it is also connected to the roof by 2 springs that should retract it with the roof

    Leave a comment:


  • BigFurryWhale
    replied
    Congrats! I dig mine



    ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Wow. What a score!

    Scan that manual and post it, please.

    Leave a comment:


  • ainadude
    replied
    Brenner, congrats on a nice find ... you're going to love the finished product. On question: I'm curious as to how the inner sunshade works. I bought a new kit a dozen years ago, but mine didn't include the shade. I fabbed one from the headliner piece frame and a handle from an E32 (I think) sunshade , but it's a bit dodgy because there's nothing to keep it perfectly parallel in the opening as you slide it back and forth. On mine, you've got to be careful as you move the forward and back to keep it from getting stuck and an ex-girlfriend of mine once shoved it too far back. Is there some cable mechanism or something to ensure it moves smoothly and evenly or to restrict it from going back to far? Also, on yours, is it set up so the shade will automatically retract with the moonroof itself? Mine's strictly manual in that respect.

    Leave a comment:


  • Simon S
    replied
    congrats on that find !

    Leave a comment:


  • Raxe
    replied
    Nice find, though "ease of installation" seems to be a bit of false advertising. :p

    Leave a comment:


  • BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean
    You suck at pictures! J/K! :)

    That's a great find!
    i know i know... i am epicly bad at takin pics. Its not even like I have a terrible camera, I just suck.

    Its not going on my eta... I am in the market for a car to put it on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave McLaren
    replied
    Apparently, you are the man. You earned it. ;- )

    Leave a comment:

Working...