No announcement yet.

Fender flare options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a way to clean up/expedite the process....FWIW with the right offset, and lots of pulling, and lots of negative camber IN THE FRONT you will be able to fit some really big tires......

In back tires that stick out past the body work require a pretty big flare......
    sigpic

88 325is

Comment

http://photos.teamwtf.org/gallery/52...074_EM9Ki-A-LB
      sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Link above is a picture of member Alex E30. Has 18x10's and 285/30/18's. And he, and it are FAST!!!
        sigpic

88 325is

Comment

I KNOW there is a guy on here or E30Tech with an Alpine car and 330 flairs grafted on. I've seen pictures of it. I think it is more of a show car than anything. I want to say he has E36M style side skirts. The car is SICK, but I can't remember who it is.
          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

FYI that guys in E36's graft on E46 330 or M3 flares and they fit 285's with not problems. But they also have more room than we do to begin with.......Which is why they can fit that size tire. Our cars with that flare wouldn't fit a 285. In front maybe, out back NO WAY.
            sigpic

88 325is

Comment

That link sucks! It opened 100,000,000,000,000 windows.

Comment

worked fine for me, nice flares on a 4-door.

Comment

yeah still working for me.....
                  sigpic

88 325is

Comment

BTW see my albums....I made a bit more progress and got some of the gaps welded up. Finish welding up all the gaps using a hammer/dolly along the way and we'll be all set to drop down some filler to smooth er' out and see where we are....

Since the rear will be so involved I'm thinking I might have to take the plunge and pick up a set of 18x10's to fit....I want to stick with the 15's for now but may go the 18" route eventually. And I only want to flare the rear 1/4's ONCE.
                    sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                      Get E46 330 front fenders (4 of them) and cut the arches out and graft them in place of the original fender arches. Allows you to fit MUCH larger tires.

there you go.

Hunter
                      We're out there in here.

Comment

Nice, I might have to do that before I get my car painted.
                        Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Working...
                        X