M3 Rear Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 Rear Bumper

A thread similar to this was started on roadfly, but does anyone know whether the rear bumper/valance from an e30 M3 will fit any other e30's? If so, it would look pretty good on a regular e30.

Yea I'm curious about that too, I think it would take some fabrication but in the end it would look nice.
    I agree, it could look great on the right e30, but some people might say it only looks right on an M3.

Comment

The rear of the M3 is significantly wider than then the stock E30. Don't get me wrong it has been done. You would have to cut the valence in half and then glue it back together in order for it to fit.
      Just livin in the OC minus my E30

Comment

Some guy in NJ had a silver 325is with M3 bumpers on it...he was on e3s for a minute...I don't remember if he did the fenders too.. Never got his info....(DOn't give me that "post is worthless..." crap) hehe. I didn't save any of his pics unfortunately.

Comment

I think the concensus that was reached on e30sport was that the M3 is in fact not wider at the ends, its just that there are these funny looking bumps on the fenders. The solution was to heat the corners and bend them in just a few degrees. Its been done on a few cars. The question is, was it done to early or late cars? Id guess early, because there was a 318 with them posted.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

I want to know what they look like on non M cars

Comment

they look just like they do on the M. THe only difference is the car doesnt have a big ass wing or flares. The few pics I have seen I thought they looked good.
              Im now E30less.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                I think the concensus that was reached on e30sport was that the M3 is in fact not wider at the ends, its just that there are these funny looking bumps on the fenders. The solution was to heat the corners and bend them in just a few degrees. Its been done on a few cars. The question is, was it done to early or late cars? Id guess early, because there was a 318 with them posted.
                That guy with the 318 (who worked previously at a body shop) told Fred (328 Kim) that it would've cost $10,000 to duplicate the work done to his car. And it was done when the car was relatively new, IIRC. My point just being that if he dumped $10k in, it will fit his car regardless of rear wheelwell size.

If that's right, I'm awesome.

Comment

I started that one.
                  It will hopefully happen come spring... that or Euro Bumpers
                  Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill 84 318i
                    That guy with the 318 (who worked previously at a body shop) told Fred (328 Kim) that it would've cost $10,000 to duplicate the work done to his car. And it was done when the car was relatively new, IIRC. My point just being that if he dumped $10k in, it will fit his car regardless of rear wheelwell size.

no, because the car you are refering to also had an m3 rear window/roof section installed on it. i think it may have had the entire trunklid wing molded in too

Comment

Originally posted by Schnell 318
                      Originally posted by Bill 84 318i

no, because the car you are refering to also had an m3 rear window/roof section installed on it. i think it may have had the entire trunklid wing molded in too
                      Right, the mods done to that car to get it right were ridiculous, and i'm sure would take every BIT of 10K!!!
                      Nick

87 325 5MT
                      02 IS300 5MT

Comment

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
                        1997 E36 328iT
                        1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
                        1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

Below the radar...

Comment

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
                            1997 E36 328iT
                            1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
                            1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X