What do you use to clean your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bimmerphile
    That's just the exterior stuff. Please note that not all of those are applied at the same time (i.e. in winter I'll use rain-x synthetic wax rather than mirror glaze, etc). Interior is another list at least that long. For engine bay cleaning I use Zymöl Strik, because it cuts through cosmoline like nobody's business.
    you only need to cut through the cosmoline once.... and i hope you dont buff your car every time you wash it

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Originally posted by e30evolution
      That's just the exterior stuff. Please note that not all of those are applied at the same time (i.e. in winter I'll use rain-x synthetic wax rather than mirror glaze, etc). Interior is another list at least that long. For engine bay cleaning I use Zymöl Strik, because it cuts through cosmoline like nobody's business.
      you only need to cut through the cosmoline once.... and i hope you dont buff your car every time you wash it
      I buff every time with the most abrasive compound that I have with the highest speed setting on my buffer.

and my cosmoline grows back.
      My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

I buff every time with the most abrasive compound that I have with the highest speed setting on my buffer.

and my cosmoline grows back.
        :up:

Comment

Wash with M. Gold Class, it suds the most. Usually try to do that fortnightly, wax once a month.

Zymol carbon is the wax I use, I'm always amazed at the difference it makes on my poor paint.

Black Magic tire wet, it's the only wheel shine I've seen that works.

Rain-x the windows, water and a rag on the vinyl interior. Some M. Leather conditioner on the steering wheel. Cocomats get a old fashioned pounding to release dirt.

I usually spend 2 hours on a full detail, probably more. A wash is probably 30 minutes and it's just a wash everything, and blacken the tires.
          The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

I'm a lot attendant for VW here in Vancouver, so I use all the stuff we have and get paid to wash my car. I wash it about 4 times a week and each time I spend a good hour or more on it. About once a week I do the interior.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6
              I'm a lot attendant for VW here in Vancouver, so I use all the stuff we have and get paid to wash my car. I wash it about 4 times a week and each time I spend a good hour or more on it. About once a week I do the interior.
              We call that OCD ;)
              My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

If you need info on car detailing, go here --> www.autopia.org

That site will probably answer all of your questions and more.

Basic washing supply that everyone should have are - sheepskin/chenille synthetic wash chamois, car soap, couple buckets, microfibre cloth.
                ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

We call that OCD ;)
                  OCD?
                  sigpic

Comment

We call that OCD ;)
                    OCD?
                    Obcessive Complusive Disorder. It's true too. ;)
                    The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

why would that be OCD, if i was working washing cars and could get payed to wash my car id do it all the time too.

Comment

id just get paid to do nothing

Comment

id just get paid to do nothing
                          that gets boring. i am getting paid to post this message right now though.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X