E30 Drivers Door lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Drivers Door lock

Hope folks - I have a RHD E30 which has over the years had a couple of the special issues we know about when it comes to actuators and central locking but I'm struggling to find a thread for my latest issue.

In a nutshell, the drivers door which is the master on the RHD isn't locking from the central locking, the lock pull is ceased and the key doesn't turn in the lock in any direction.

The door is in the unlocked/open position and opens and closes normally from the inside and outside using the handles but it just can't be locked.

I've taken off the door panel and tried a genergous amount of lubricant in most areas, loosend the actuator but its still not helped.

I'm hoping someone is familiar with this issue so I'm a little more focused in my next round of activity

Many thanks

You need to pull the door panel off and get to the lock actuator and rotating assembly, pull it all off the car and get it on a bench and clean it out. Take it apart all apart and see why it's not turning. Keep in mind, when you take apart a lock cylinder, you want to have the key in the lock so it won't fall apart.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Thanks for that, it looks like my lubricant treatment has started to work but I don't doubt its temporary and so a more thorough clean wont hurt.

Many thanks

Comment

Buy the BMW cylinder overhaul kit and rebuild it like new also order the rubber grommets for all the actuating rods.

kit p/n 51219061343, +
        Gromets you will need about 6 per door
        BMW kit lock over haul kit p/n 51219061343 assembled and operating through to deadlock position.

Comment

Working...
        X