Sport seat problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport seat problems

I'm pretty sure my seats have been like this since I've owned the car, but I wanted to make sure I was going to replace the right part. The seats will stay snug and there is no play, but when I pull the lever to recline the seat back, the seat just drops backwards to the backseat. If I want to adjust it I have to hold the back with my right hand and adjust it by holding it in place and either letting it sit back or pushing it towards the wheel. Is this a worn shock, cable, or both?
    I retired my E30 for now...
    E46 323i
    David Schultz

the shocks are just blown, they are kinda a pain in the ass, but can be done...
    Dan

Comment

cool that's what i was hoping. thanks.
      I retired my E30 for now...
      E46 323i
      David Schultz

Comment

So the shock would be the problem because I have to PULL the seat foward when I want to raise it back foward from a reclined state?

Mine are non-sport seats though. Not sure if they're the same..

Comment

there is still a shock that should push the seatback foward.

If anything pull off those plastic covers to make sure they havent slipped off. Mine the clip broke and the shock slipped off. They take a lot of force to compress.

The sport seats have an extra set for raising the pan. We also have a knob for the thigh support, we can tilt, and of course the bolsters. :P
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

replacing the shocks is not soooo complex but a real PITA to compress them and place them on the pins.

I've parted out the whole seat when I've changed my shocks

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
            1997 E36 328iT
            1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
            1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

Working...
            X