Alternative Heated Seat Switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative Heated Seat Switches?

e36 window switches and e30 heated seat switches don't really mingle too well, does anyone know if there are any alternatives for our heated seat switches? I've looked around and couldn't really find anything different...

possibly a switch from another manufacturer?

-cam
    Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

subscribed

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
    HSAX Instructor

Comment

What about E36, E46, or Z3 heated seat switches - just may needto be mounted in a different location. Do you just not like how they look together?
      Aaron

Comment

e34 heated seat switches will fit very nicely, although I don't know how they would mount since they actually snap into the fairing around the seats.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

hmm i'll take a look at my buddies e34 m5 and see if his switches will work :)
          Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

haha how ironic, because I was thinking of my dad's e34 M5 ;)

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Bumping this thread up instead of making a new one with the same basic question.

I want to retrofit oem heated seats into my mtech vert, but I don't want to cut the leather console. One option would be to move the switches to the radio console. They fit physically, but don't look right because of the rounded bezel.

It looks like e34 and e32 heated switch seats have flat bezels, but they apparently have a timer feature that the e30 seats don't have. Does anyone if I can use the flat bezel e34/e32 switches instead?

It seems possible, someone sold a set of e34/e32 switches as an "e30 retrofit".
              Last edited by robrez; 04-26-2016, 01:04 PM.
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

been doing some research and found out there are early and late model e34/e32 switches. The late model switches (pictured above) have a blue connector, which is some kind of safety feature. But the early switches don't have the blue connector. Based on pics, the early switches appear to be the same as the e30 switches, except that they have a flat bezel. I'm going to try to find an early switch to test out.

It would actually be better to figure out what the late model blue base switches do, and then try to retrofit them. I read something about the late switches having an unloader relay that keeps them from drawing power during startup (if left on)?

If anyone can sell me early model heated seat switches (no blue connector) from an e34/e32, let me know. Thanks.
                sigpic
                January 2012 COTM

Comment

subscribed - just replaced my old comfort seats with another set of comfort seats.

There is a cable coming from under the seat - maybe heated? Is there a way it can be tested? Jumping cables?
                  Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Working...
                  X