Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remove and install the seat belts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you remove and install the seat belts?

My seatbelts are faded and look ratty. A friend is going to give me some much nicer ones.

How do I change these out? Any special tools required?

Do I need to remove the door panels? And the seats too?

Originally posted by mach schnell View Post
    My seatbelts are faded and look ratty. A friend is going to give me some much nicer ones.

How do I change these out? Any special tools required?

Do I need to remove the door panels? And the seats too?
    There are 17mm and 19mm bolts, one by the rocker attached to the black bar the the seatbelt rides on, one under the black cover where it swivels at the top, and one inside the b-pillar that holds the tensioner. Remover the rear door cards to get to this (two screws at the base of the b-pillar to get access). Also a black plastic clip on the b-pillar guides the belt. All bolts MUST be torqued properly (32-35 lb-ft).

Pull the bottom section of the rear seat out to get to the bottom bolts on that belt. To get to the top, unbolt the two bolts on the side of the seat (13mm I think) and pull the rear shelf off to get to the tensioners back there.
    '89 325i track sloot
    '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Do you have to remove the back seat to remove the rear belts?

Good post, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mach schnell View Post
        Do you have to remove the back seat to remove the rear belts?

Good post, thank you.
        Yeah, I'm pretty sure. It's not too bad, but it's been a while since i've had interior in my car.
        '89 325i track sloot
        '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

What year and model is your car? You may have to remove the rear seat and speaker shelf. For the front, you also may have to remove the front seats if you have a sedan as the belts mount to them.
          sigpic

Comment

Wait. The belts are sometimes different. Make sure they fit together.

Comment

Working...
            X