Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver's Side Door Lock (Question about Mechanism)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver's Side Door Lock (Question about Mechanism)

I can only lock it from the inside. It unlocks from the outside just fine, though.

I believe it has to do with the key tumbler, since I took off the door panel to take a peek at the mechanisms and there are none! Should there be a mechanism to lock the door from the outside via key? My car does have central lock (which is teh broke). I looked at the lock area from the inside of the door, and when I turn the key I can hear a clicking, as if it were to actuate the door lock.

I presume the lock goes down electronically, right?
    Me: "I can't wait to redline my car!"
    Mark: "Didn't you just break a rocker arm?"
    Me: "Yeah, I don't think I've learned my lesson."
    Mark: "You never will."

I hope someone can answer this, I have the exact same problem!

Comment

Dammit, guys, post the YEAR and MODEL because there are subtle differences.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

ok... 88 325is.
        i got a new central lock module that goes in the trunk.i can lock the passangerr door/trunk. i can also lock it from the trunk..

But even though i can unlock the driver door. i cant lock it from the outside with a key
        ]

Comment

My 1986 eta, has lost its' locking capabilities from the drivers side door, aswell as unlock,
          for a day i pulled it up from the passenger side door, but today it won't pull up, and i can't unlock it using the central locking...
          anyhelp? a diagram, photo, etc..

Comment

Is there any easy way to remove it? I have a 1990 that someone tried to break into last year and they messed up the tumbler. I need to make a junkyard trip to get a new one.

Comment

Working...
            X