Alpina anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpina anyone?

They aren't done, but they still make me happy...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

WOW! You're a whore! You're a slut.

Looks stunning!
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

who made them?
      1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
      5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        WOW! You're a whore! You're a slut.

Looks stunning!
        Thank you? ;)

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
        who made them?
        Kevin Chin (Tricked 323i on here) sewed them up.

I'm probably 85% done with the install, still waiting for some essential rebuild parts (seat shocks etc. from the dealer).

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Working on mine... just need to finish the door panels.
          Attached Files

Comment

Cost?
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I got the fabric from Alpina. Paid around 18 Euros per meter. Got 10 mts. They won't ship to an American Address since they have a dealer here in CA. Got a buddy in Germany to buy it for me re pack it (1.2 mt. box size limit for regular postal service) and send it to me. Found Kevin through the forum but was reluctant to send fabric all the way to him. After pricing the job, got brave and decided to go solo. In the meantime, I ordered some 10 mts. for him (I think now he is sourcing it himself).
              I made the fronts and now working the side panels. Not brave enough to do the M3 bench. Paid 275 for the rear (vinyl included). My fronts are leather.

Comment

Originally posted by svn2002s View Post
                I got the fabric from Alpina. Paid around 18 Euros per meter. Got 10 mts. They won't ship to an American Address since they have a dealer here in CA. Got a buddy in Germany to buy it for me re pack it (1.2 mt. box size limit for regular postal service) and send it to me. Found Kevin through the forum but was reluctant to send fabric all the way to him. After pricing the job, got brave and decided to go solo. In the meantime, I ordered some 10 mts. for him (I think now he is sourcing it himself).
                I made the fronts and now working the side panels. Not brave enough to do the M3 bench. Paid 275 for the rear (vinyl included). My fronts are leather.
                Evan,
                Great job as well as yours Sal. How long has it been 2 years? I wish you could still get that cost on the cloth unfortunately is it 4 times the amount now.
                Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
                Your DIY upholstery source
                e30tech forum sponsor
                E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
                kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

The pattern on that cloth is so cool looking, I love that you did the door panels as well!

Comment

did you have to cut off the original door panel inserts to install the alpina ones?

Comment

Hey, Kevin, good work as usual.
                      Glad your work and reputation keeps getting better all the time. Your work/products get mentioned all over the place. Wish all the mechanics/suppliers learn from you. Too many mediocre pigs out there charging an arm and a leg.
                      Yes, my seats turn out great, not bad for a beginner. I wish I had read the write ups before I started. I broke the white plastic clips and had to replacements. My problem was with the headrests (just ok). What a bitch to fit them in.
                      Regarding the cloth, let me call my buddy and see what he says. Last time he order me some other stuff (3 mon.), He mentioned that their prices were pretty much the same (might do the 2002 with the same, but need some extra cloth).
                      Next is the headliner. Looks easy to make super hard to install. I got the Alpina matching floor mats also. http://www.alpina-automobiles.com/fi...german_E30.pdf

Trying to decide on the steering wheel. Problem is too fucking expensive. Bush/Obama's deficit is making the Dollar worth shit. We are heading into the old ruble direction.
                      Will let you know.
                      Sal

Comment

Kevin,

I found a set of Recaro e30 seats. You need to to my interior sometime soon.
                        e30sport.net
                        '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                        '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                        '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Man this would really finish off my Alpina clone car, too bad I really love my houndstooth, looks great guys!

Comment

Looks awesome.
                            Can you share a link, email address, phone number, for where you ordered the fabric?
                            I contacted Alpina, but they said that they weren't producing it anymore, and that I had to look somewhere else.
                            '91 E30 316i
                            '97 Rover Mini 1275

Comment

Nice! Here are mine:

-- DavidV :D
                              My Book: Car Hacks & Mods for Dummies

Comment

Working...
                              X