leather or vinyl rear seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leather or vinyl rear seats

I have read on here a couple of times that vinyl seats were standard on 91' 318is. Is this true? also, i have a few questions on interior.....

1.question above

2. Which is more preferred? Ive seen equal condition seats sell for more if they were vinyl?

3. are all(1991) the door cards and back side cards the same when they come in black, or is there and actual leather OR vinyl? I assume that if their is one or the other, the rear seat must match?

I have the door cards and back cards swapped. I got the smooth vinyl. They dont have any perforation like some of the rear vinyl seats ive seen. My search for a rear seat can be alot easier if i can look for vinyl or leather. I just want it to look factory, which is why im asking these questions. The front seats are too pricey, unless i get lucky. So, i plan on just getting some Corbeau A4's. I'd rather pay for new seats that i know i love(used to have some in another car).

1)vinyl seats are standard on the 318is

2) vinyl are worth more I believe because they simply stand the test of time with the age of these car hands down. The door cards are vinyl and they are standard regardless if u have leather seats from the factory.

3) vinyl rear seats are supposed to be perforated, ive never seen smooth vinyl unless its reupholstered. got any pictures?

Comment

i meant that the smooth black door cars/side cards dont look like the perforated vinyl rear seats ive seen. my seats are cloth, gray, and dirty

feel-wise, does the leather do it or vinyl?

Comment

I've sat in both vinyl and leather. 20 year old leather sucks more than 20 year old vinyl so feel wise I am for vinyl. However, I'm looking to get my car reuphosltered to OEM leather within the year using Kevin Chin's seat kit on this forum

Comment

Working...
        X