Leatherette or cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leatherette or cloth?

I'm about to reupholster my entire interior including door cards. They need to be black or black/gray to match everything else. If you had the option, would you choose synthetic leather/vinyl or an OEM cloth? I'm on the fence with this choice. The cloth I'm considering is the checkerboard pattern Anthrazit 150 as can be seen here. The vinyl is cheaper and more durable but the cloth is more original, maybe better looking and soaks up my back and nut sweat really well. Tough choice.
    sigpic

When I get around to putting a new interior into an E30 I'm gonna go with cloth. Do you have sport seats or comfort seats?
    1988 325i Vert
    1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Cloth for sure! Maybe leatherette sides and cloth centers...but all black.

COTM

Comment

If you have the extra scratch go with german vinyl (as oposed to leatherette) sides and cloth centers. For the extra money you can also do leather sideings.

In my opinion leatherette gets way too hot and tears easier than regular vinyl.

Good luck
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
          Cloth for sure! Maybe leatherette sides and cloth centers...but all black.
          Haha. And I was going to call you about possibly buying your vinyl seats if I went the vinyl route. But thanks for your input. I was leaning towards cloth.
          sigpic

Comment

Leather sides, cloth centers.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
            X