Need to find....carpet piece...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to find....carpet piece...

Finally tore down the interior completely, down to the metal, and the carpet is junk, but there's also a thick layer of foam as well. Anyone have a p/n or know where I can find a set? I'm already getting the carpet, but I need the foam. Thanks!

if you are buying carpet from bmw it will come with foam, if its aftermarket I think your SOL
    sigpic

Comment

Ok, first, I'm bidding on a carpet on ebay, so that doesn't work.

Second though, you say if I bought the carpet from BMW it would come with foam? Anyone have a pn and or availability for a factory carpet set for an e30? How much does something like that cost? And can we confirm it does indeed come with the foam?

Comment

You will need the foam.

Buying from BMW is either A) out of the question (NLA) or B) REALLLY EXPENSIVE.

The carpet you're bidding on, if out of an E30, comes with padding.

I could rip the padding off my carpet, which I was going to toss - but it would be a bitch to work with.
        - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
          You will need the foam.

I could rip the padding off my carpet, which I was going to toss - but it would be a bitch to work with.
          My buddy Sean, back to save the day :)

How can I tell if the carpet comes with the foam? I can't tell from the pic. Also, my carpet came apart from the foam without any residue, almost like they were never attached to each other. But I sliced the carpet to get it out, and had to do the same to the foam, as it was destroyed from my heater core adventure. Obviously I'll take more care putting it back in... :)

If all else fails, hang on to your foam...I may need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beemerfanatik
            You will need the foam.

My buddy Sean, back to save the day :)

How can I tell if the carpet comes with the foam? I can't tell from the pic. Also, my carpet came apart from the foam without any residue, almost like they were never attached to each other. But I sliced the carpet to get it out, and had to do the same to the foam, as it was destroyed from my heater core adventure. Obviously I'll take more care putting it back in... :)

If all else fails, hang on to your foam...I may need it.
            Well, just let me know. I'm not sure how I'd ge tthe foam off without ruining it.

I'd ask the seller about the carpet.
            - Sean Hayes

Comment

Well, just let me know. I'm not sure how I'd ge tthe foam off without ruining it.

I'd ask the seller about the carpet.
              Already sent the question :) Where are you located? Is the carpet in good shape?

Comment

there is no way to just whatever kind of carpet and heat it along with the pad to get the right shape?
                If you take the old carpet out in one piece you could use it as template I want black carpet and I need to change the rear dash carpet it completely faded.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

If the carpet you get doesn't have foam, you could try laying down a layer of 2 part foam (between plastic), in your decarpeted car. Just enough to make the surface level. Then glue the carpet to that.
                  A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

Comment

Originally posted by rscheiring
                    If the carpet you get doesn't have foam, you could try laying down a layer of 2 part foam (between plastic), in your decarpeted car. Just enough to make the surface level. Then glue the carpet to that.
                    New carpet should be coming with it, but we'll see tomorrow. Where can I get the 2 part foam...is it expensive....will it form/mold to all the contours?

Comment

Working...
                    X