Brake Light Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Light Conundrum

My overhlead light diagnostic display says that my brake lights are out even though I have confirmed they are not. I checked the brake lights themselves and the bulbs and the carriage look fine. Should I replace the bulbs just to be sure? I’m a little lost and appreciate the help.
    "Wow. We're just blowing through nap time, aren't we?"
    sigpic

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

There is a control box, back on the drivers side area of the trunk if you pull back the liner. This commonly goes bad, gets corroded connections, etc. Check that first. Also, are the bulb carriers tight? I know on mine, the actual socket the bulbs go into was a little loose, causing intermittent connection issues.
    sigpic
    Parts Wanted
    The Never-ending Resto Mod

Comment

also check the connections in the third brake light, Mine does the same damn thing, and the connector in the third light needs reseated. Its a pain in the ass, but harmless.
      I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

happened to me. check third brake light

Comment

This happened to me as well, but all the lights and the check relay were functional. Putting in a different check panel fixed it, however.
          cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
          X