No announcement yet.

dying interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This back seat was dyed with Dupli color semi gloss black. used to be tan, held up well while I had it. E30nub has it now.
    harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
      This back seat was dyed with Dupli color semi gloss black. used to be tan, held up well while I had it. E30nub has it now.
      that looks damn good. what's with the plotchiness down the center seat?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie30 View Post
        I had my seats re-upholstered and I dyed my panels and boot lid with matching Dupli-Color Fabric and Vinyl Spray. It is holding up great after 2 years.
        There is no wear showing up even on the arm rests.

The secret is to be sure the panels are thoroughly cleaned so all the oil and dirt are removed. Allow to dry and spray away!

BTW this interior used to be natural.

I like your color combination; very tasteful. What products did you use in the prep and where can you get the duplicolor vinyl paint. I want to change my pearl beige panels to a more sand tan and add black pockets and handles to match the new leather interior.

thank you. oh could you send me a pm please. Ernie
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
          that looks damn good. what's with the plotchiness down the center seat?
          Just some spilled water. Seats looked perfect.

BTW I have been using SEM trim paint lately, I dyed my door panels from blue to black and they look great and are holding up very well. Plus the color is a perfect match to the dashboard.
          harry/harout

Comment

Just some spilled water. Seats looked perfect.

BTW I have been using SEM trim paint lately, I dyed my door panels from blue to black and they look great and are holding up very well. Plus the color is a perfect match to the dashboard.
            I don't know if SEM paint is available in Canada/Toronto. I know Duplicolor is.

I am thinking of either some black panels for my convertible or dying the existing panels the same as my new seat leather and adding black handles and pockets.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't know if SEM paint is available in Canada/Toronto. I know Duplicolor is.

I am thinking of either some black panels for my convertible or dying the existing panels the same as my new seat leather and adding black handles and pockets.
              SEM stuff is available here out west in LORDCO. Not sure if TO has LORDCO but it should be available somewhere there if we have it here.
              Originally posted by codyep3
              I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
              2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
              1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
              1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
              2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
              2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
              2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
              2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
              2010 F650gs twin
              2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                SEM stuff is available here out west in LORDCO. Not sure if TO has LORDCO but it should be available somewhere there if we have it here.
                think the only thing we have closest to Lordco is Napa. But thanks for the tip gonna see if there is a place that would carry..
                sigpic

Comment

I just did my vert panels and seat back covers black and left just my seats navy. It looks awesome. The seats stand out very well.
                  harry/harout

Comment

I just did my vert panels and seat back covers black and left just my seats navy. It looks awesome. The seats stand out very well.
                    Dude; you gotta see the color combination I picked out. Sand tan with black nappa..These are porche colors oem leather my whole interior is this combo. Just working on the pass side seat now. looks better in person...seats are heated as well.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

that does look good!
                      harry/harout

Comment

I tell ya, ya gotta know what you're doing when taking these seats apart. they are set up differently from Coupe seats. I got new upholstery but the plastic strap hold downs are missing which means I have to now get someone to stitch them on from the old seats. you'd think after dropping 1400 for leather only the guy would have put those on. I can't send them back because they are from Cali and I'm in Toronto. not worth the wait and $$$. guess I'll move on to the rears..lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

think the only thing we have closest to Lordco is Napa. But thanks for the tip gonna see if there is a place that would carry..
                          You should be able to ask the counter person at NAPA to special order SEM for you. They have a huge supplier network which means they can get practically anything you can ask for. Just make sure you know which one you want before going in there. Normally there is a no return policy on special orders. And you shouldnt have to pay anymore than normal for it. Just a suggestion.
                          450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Originally posted by RagtopE30 View Post
                            You should be able to ask the counter person at NAPA to special order SEM for you. They have a huge supplier network which means they can get practically anything you can ask for. Just make sure you know which one you want before going in there. Normally there is a no return policy on special orders. And you shouldnt have to pay anymore than normal for it. Just a suggestion.
                            thank you very much. :-) I'll look into that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X