how do you remove the hvac box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you remove the hvac box?

I have the dash out and want to remove the carpet as well, but I have no Idea how this thing comes out! I have removed the one screw in the front next to the shifter and the two ac lines on the right side where the glove box used to be. Is there a DIY on this? I have searched but didnt find anything.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

here ya go

Comment

Thanks but I meant the whole hvac box, not just the controls. The big box under the dash

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Too bad DUDE is gone. He would know this!
        harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
          Too bad DUDE is gone. He would know this!
          LOL, I want to remove & replace w/ a good one, not a fishbox computer heater

Comment

problem solved after going through 10 pages of e30tech:yawn:

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
              problem solved after going through 10 pages of e30tech:yawn:

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=166
              thanks for effort but I don't believe the problem is solved. The steps are not detailed enough. :-)
              sigpic

Comment

remove ac lines on passanger side, remove 4 nuts behind the blower, remove on nut infront of shifter, unplug HVAC wiring harness, disconnect recirc flaps, wiggle the shit of the box so the water drains pop loose. done

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
                  thanks for effort but I don't believe the problem is solved. The steps are not detailed enough. :-)
                  Then how about you make a write up for it;)

Originally posted by ELONZOOOO View Post
                  remove ac lines on passanger side, remove 4 nuts behind the blower, remove on nut infront of shifter, unplug HVAC wiring harness, disconnect recirc flaps, wiggle the shit of the box so the water drains pop loose. done
                  And heater core removal w/ lines

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                    Then how about you make a write up for it;)

And heater core removal w/ lines
                    hey, if I ever get around to removing one I would certainly do so. but for this reason I never removed it because the few times I tried seemed a bit over my head and felt easier to just cut carpet around it. (Grin)

thanks for the short version. lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
                      hey, if I ever get around to removing one I would certainly do so. but for this reason I never removed it because the few times I tried seemed a bit over my head and felt easier to just cut carpet around it. (Grin)

thanks for the short version. lol.
                      Yeah, it was a big pain, and youll never even see the cut marks in the carpet. But I need to "rebuild" the box, so it had to come out eventually

Comment

Working...
                      X