Coupe Door Seal Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupe Door Seal Help

bought a new replace for my coupe but it seems oversize by an extra 4 inches. it is the correct part number. am i stupid or do I have to cut it to fit?

DON'T CUT IT!~!!no it's not over sized. it is designed that way for shrinkage over time. You have to distribute the remainder 4 inches across the length of the door seam. let me guess u went to install it like a good man that you, are and went...wft?? lol. have a starting point. and make 4 points or so of contact. Then squeeze down the areas which are up distributing the length as evenly as possible. You'll see the 4 inches will disappear like magic! shit you can some money as a side show to kids.
    sigpic

Comment

figured it out lol.... took a hair drier to the bulged up 4 inches area for the past hour and it eventually shrunk to fit.

however, i must warn those who install it to expect the following:

-door's will take more effort to close until the door seal shrinks overtime. so don't adjust the striker or you'll mess up the alignment
      -do not reinstall the inner door sill right away or you'll end up breaking it (ask me how I know) until about a month or so later when its finally shrunk or you'll end up breaking the plastic when you reinstall it

Comment

Working...
      X