Problems with replacing my front seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with replacing my front seats

As the title states, I am trying to replace my cloth seats in my '91 318i sedan with leather ones. I was able to remove my driver side seat, but when I tried to install the leather seat (also from an e30) I can't get the seat to slide forward enough to get the rear bolts in. The front bolts go in with no issues... Also, when I tried to remove the passenger seat, I couldn't get the seat to slide forward enough to get the rear bolts off. Please help! Is there a trick to this? Thanks!

is the front bolt in all the way? make sure the front bolt is all the way in or else the bolt will stop the slider from going any farther.
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
      is the front bolt in all the way? make sure the front bolt is all the way in or else the bolt will stop the slider from going any farther.
      Yes sir, I fully tightened down the front bolts....

Comment

take me out and eff with the adjusters
        2008 335i - n54b30
        1991 318i - m52b28
        1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

sit on the seat and move it forward install the rear screws first and then the fronts
          Originally posted by bmwm42
          PNW vulture pm me for parts
          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by hoauwant View Post
            As the title states, I am trying to replace my cloth seats in my '91 318i sedan with leather ones. I was able to remove my driver side seat, but when I tried to install the leather seat (also from an e30) I can't get the seat to slide forward enough to get the rear bolts in. The front bolts go in with no issues... Also, when I tried to remove the passenger seat, I couldn't get the seat to slide forward enough to get the rear bolts off. Please help! Is there a trick to this? Thanks!
            Does the seat feel like it's jamming? I would do as suggested after getting the front seat bolts down. Sit on the seat and slide it back. If it doesn't want to move still. Reach under the seat. You will see a coat hanger like rod stretching across from one side to the other. Could be disconnected. This is controlled by the adjuster handle under the seat when you pull it up, releases the mech and allows it to slide. When the handle is pulled up, it presses down on a paddle like piece of metal.

Check the cloth seat one to see how it works.

this should easily solve your problem. Removing and installing the 4 bolts is a no brainer.
            sigpic

Comment

Alright, thanks for the replies guys. So I fiddled with the seats the other day and did not know that by pulling up on the seat lever that it raises the seat up and forward, therefore allowing me to access the rear bolts. Noob status. First of many upgrades to my E30....

Comment

I did the same thing :) ended up busting the seat to get it out(it was shot anyway)

Comment

Working...
                X