how do I remove the sunroof tracks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I remove the sunroof tracks?

I have been gutting my car and I deleted the sunroof outside so now I am trying to take all the roof stuff out inside. The headliner is down along with some other stuff, but my question is how do you remove the metal track for the sunroof? I have been hitting the bottom with a grinder so I can get to the part where they connect easier and then I was going to use a small dermal to slowly go around and separate it. Im estimating this will all take about 6 hours. Is there any better way?

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

are you talking about the actual cage that contains the sunroof? or the stainless tracks that the sunroof slides on?

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

I want everything gone but the roof itself if possible

Comment

angle grinder/reciprocating saw/plasma cutter to get the bulk, then drill out the spot welds... then you will need to make a panel and weld it to fill in the hole in the roof.

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Originally posted by MattM View Post
          angle grinder/reciprocating saw/plasma cutter to get the bulk, then drill out the spot welds... then you will need to make a panel and weld it to fill in the hole in the roof.
          This is why if i build a track car i will aim for a slicktop

Comment

Originally posted by MattM View Post
            with plasma cutters are the cuts really focused? Im worried about cutting the metal behind what Im trying to cut, or cutting above where i want to cut

Comment

with plasma cutters are the cuts really focused? Im worried about cutting the metal behind what Im trying to cut, or cutting above where i want to cut
              95% of the energy gets used up going through the first piece.. i would think it would be hard to mess up behind it. Also, it doesn't travel through air well, so if you are even an inch or more away from another surface it wont do anything...

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Working...
              X