What type of fabric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of fabric?

I want to redo the fabric on my seats, what's the typical material used for cloth seats in cars?

Trick question?
    Kevin of Creative Options has all your interior needs.

Comment

I don't think it's a trick question. I'd like to do as much myself as possible, just not sure what fabrics are generally used.

Comment

Any automotive grade which will have UV protection along with good wearability. Do not use anything from a chain ie, Joanns, Hancock etc. Just look on line for Automotive grade cloth or fabrics.
        Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
        Your DIY upholstery source
        e30tech forum sponsor
        E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
        kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

Got ya, thanks for the advice.

Comment

Your choices are endless. You can go with vinyl, leather, microsuede or any of the racing seat type materials like Recaro, Sparco, Bride, Corbeau, etc.

Comment

you can use fabric from Joanns, its just gonna wear out faster, but if your going to do it yourself, then in a year you can just re-do it, you can buy material there, and there is a little thing that you can iron to the material from the back and it makes it very strong if you pull it hard its not going to rip. plus you can get the coupons there like 50% off... haha

1988 325is S50 in-progress.
              http://www.facebook.com/E30LocalCrew
              Few pictures:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255061

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy View Post
                Your choices are endless. You can go with vinyl, leather, microsuede or any of the racing seat type materials like Recaro, Sparco, Bride, Corbeau, etc.
                It's the material on seats like new cloth Recaro's that I'm looking for. What kind of material is that?

Comment

Avus Black
                  Avus is soft fabric used on early models of the RECARO N-Joy and SR seats.
                  Avus black has been used to cover an entire seat or used to just cover the bolsters when used in conjunction with either Nardo or Le Mans fabric for the center panels.

RecaroAvusBlack by Daddy's Car Accessories, on Flickr

Indy
                  Indy fabric as used on the centre panels of a selection of RECARO seats.

RecaroIndy by Daddy's Car Accessories, on Flickr

Artista Black
                  Artista is a high quality fabric used on many RECARO seats including the Trend, Style, Sport, Ergomed and N-Joy.

RecaroArtistaBlack by Daddy's Car Accessories, on Flickr

Dinamica Suede
                  Dinamica is a quality suede fabric with a luxurious touch. It is used on many of the OEM and after-market RECARO seats.

RecaroDinamicaSuede by Daddy's Car Accessories, on Flickr
                  Available in Beige, Blue, Red, Black and Silver

Nardo Black
                  Nardo is a high quality fabric used on many RECARO seats including the Trend, Style, Sport, Ergomed and N-Joy.

RecaroNardoBlack by Daddy's Car Accessories, on Flickr

Race Shell
                  Velour fabric used on the RECARO racing shells, such as the Pole Position and Profi SPG.

RecaroRaceShell by Daddy's Car Accessories, on Flickr
                  Available in red, black, grey and beige

Comment

Daddy,

Any chance of grey artista?

Comment

Prices, as I see you sell it on other forums.

Comment

Actually selecting a seat cover depends totally on the mood and personality of the car owner..There are wide range of colors, textures and prints of seat covers are available in market..There are various types of fabric like Leather,Sheepskin,Microfiber,Olefin etc, from which you can choose one that you like...
                        Cars for sale | Used car deals

Comment

Working...
                        X