Under Dash Cleansing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under Dash Cleansing

I've replaced the dash quite a few times before, so my questions have nothing to do with the execution in that department. Anyhow, I am replacing my dash and it's a wiring CLUSTERFUCK under there.

I want to clean up all the unnecessary extras and was wondering if anyone else has done it before? I have a few questions about getting rid of some stuff like cruise control and some of the dash lights.

I also noticed there are some empty plugs there that are just ziptied.

Depending on the year and model, you can remove the following:

all the cruise control wiring, everything unplugs here/
    the obc wiring harness, simple harness
    speaker wiring
    air bag control unit/wiring

there isn't much else there, i would deff. keep the heater box and it's control unit... just re-wrap everything in new hockey tape and replace the gaskets on the the heater box while you are there and you are good.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I am keeping my OBS for a little while longer.

I want to get rid of a thousand extra light bulbs. I want to get rid of a window lock-button, which is stupid in a 2-door car with window switches in the middle. I will get rid of cruise control.

What is the black box under the dash on the driver side?

Comment

door gong

-
        Project
        Parts for Sale
        Feedback
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Which black box, there is all kinds of crap in there. Post a pic.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yes, door dong crap can go too. God I hate it.

Comment

black hockey tape can help clean up the wiring down below also.
              Jaybird & Mais 299 Hockey Tape is a multi-purpose hockey tape manufactured using first quality woven fabrics. Its adhesive bonds well to socks, pads and hockey and lacrosse sticks. Hand tearable.

-
              Project
              Parts for Sale
              Feedback
              YouTube Channel

Comment

tons of electrical tape worked great. I taped over the existing cloth tape in most cases.

Got rid of: cruise control, OBC, door chime and active check panel. Removed ALL of the extra wires and retaped everything back to it's original shape. Ran a few extra wires for things I wanted: bluetooth mic, and stereo cables. Ziptied everything into place. Got rid of most of the dash lighting in the center console.

Active check unit is a BITCH to remove...

Comment

Working...
                X