e28 console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e28 console?

Just had a thought, did a little searching and didn't really come up with much.

One thing I really miss the most about my e28 was the power seats, I would just play with them and move them around while bored going down the highway. Something to keep me occupied that wasn't as distracting as, oh say, masturbating while driving? haha.

So I got to thinking, for the (Hopefully soon) day that I find my e30, wouldn't it be nice to put in a nice set of sport seats from either an e28 or e24? yes! but how could you install the switches onto a stock e30 console? So I thought, hey, I wonder if you could move the parking brake handle over to the right just a tad and put in the rear section of an e28 console, run your wires and bam! fully functioning power seats with a semi-stock look.

Any thoughts, ideas, opinions? Sourcing the console won't be hard, i'll just pull it out of my e28! it's been sitting with a bent frame for, oh, about 4.5 years now. My dad's kept it to rob parts off of it for his e24, haha.
    Maybe even find some heated power seats? Now that might be a little harder to find...

and here's a pic just so you can see.

someone's gotta have a thought?

Comment

e28/e24 seats are wider than e30 seats. you will have to drill new holes in teh floor for them.
      Tri color fabric for sale here!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

Comment

well that's not a big deal, unless they are so wide that they're too close to the console and door.

Comment

e28 console?

Never seen a tan dash looks nice every thing just flows together. and your seats in the car looks very nice.
          I'm from Central and Broadway area 30 years ago I still have a close friend on 6th Street & Broadway he says you can here gun shots every night. GL dj

Comment

that's actually a picture of an e28 M5, but yes it does look good!

haha and yes you can hear gunshots at night over there! it's not a good part of town at all...

Comment

its possible. for my bosses e30 m3, i put in 2010 Porsche gt3 seats in by making brackets and wiring it up. power seat in a e30!

Patrick - IG:niicknac
              RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Well, give me a couple months to finally get an e30, and then I'll pull the seats out of my dad's e24 and the console from my e28 and I'll mock it up and let everyone know how it went, maybe even take pictures or do a write up, all though it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out.

Comment

Yeah, I have power seats in my e30. It's almost ironic because the rest of the interior is stripped.
                  1997 540i/6 - stock
                  1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
                  1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

Working...
                  X