No announcement yet.

Brand new OEM e30 dashboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please let me know when you do. When I got my new ebrake console from bavauto, it came in the newer material that's in my mom's e46. It's not really noticeable to other people, but I would like the upper center console to be the same material.

But since the lower center console and dash are made out of the newer material it would only make sense for the last piece to be as well...

91 318is

Comment

I think, the best bet to spend 500 dollars such as a brand new dash, might as well take it off and get it covered in other material. like... alcantara... ultrasuede, leather etc. Its so much better 500 spent.

Comment

Well mine is cracked very badly, and I doubt it could be saved. Besides, the new material is used in current BMWs, and is most likely a hell of a lot more durable than the stock material which is notorious for cracking/warping. It looks better than faded gray as well.

I wouldn't feel safe buying a used dash for 150+ that could crack right after you install it.

91 318is

Comment

jordan please post up more pics!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKe30 View Post
            jordan please post up more pics!
            Did you bother to look at the date of the post?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Sorry that was the only picture I took 2 years ago.
              Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
              https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

This sparked my curiosity as to what a cracked dash does looks like. Can someone post up some pictures?

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

From my dash swap

Comment

Originally posted by nefarious7907 View Post

OH WOW. That is bad. I thought perhaps you guys meant the "crackled" look on a new dash or something.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                    No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Did you bother to look at the date of the post?
                      ahhhhhhh ef... no i didnt.
                      Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                      Sorry that was the only picture I took 2 years ago.
                      damn. anyone else have pictures of a fresh new oem dash installed in their e30?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKe30 View Post
                        ahhhhhhh ef... no i didnt.

damn. anyone else have pictures of a fresh new oem dash installed in their e30?
                        Go look at an E46

But the parts manager at the local BMW dealership is cool enough that I might be able to get him to order one, so that I can examine it. I know from looking at Doug Hitchcocks new front and rear center consoles that they are made from the same material that the E46 dashes are made from.

Comment

Go look at an E46

But the parts manager at the local BMW dealership is cool enough that I might be able to get him to order one, so that I can examine it. I know from looking at Doug Hitchcocks new front and rear center consoles that they are made from the same material that the E46 dashes are made from.

well i know they are on backorder, i called my parts guy yesterday (wholesale parts bmw headquarters na). i'm so tempted to just do it. but then i'll have to spend another what couple hundred more bucks for the center console and ebrake surround because the current wont match?

kinda just want to see it installed in person or see pictures to decide if its worth it...

Comment

The rear console is like 40 and the front is 60-65

Comment

the rear console is 40 and the front is 160. i have a new rear and a semi new to me front grabbed from a low mileage garage queen. The newer piece is slightly darker but the thing that bothered me is how hull looking it was at first. i've had it installed for about a year and the vinyl has a little buble in the coin bowl. The last picture should explain the gauges.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Nice flip key, I have one too.

But your interior looks just as mine did a year ago.

What going on in the last picture? That area looks fine in all of the other pics,

Comment

Working...
                                X