Opinions on Porsche Seats and others!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Porsche Seats and others!

Looking into my next project which will be the Interior but it will be a few months away (maybe less). At the moment though i could snatch these up pretty cheap but wanted to see if anyone else has tried these and if there is anything that i'm not seeing.

These will go on my vert and weight wouldnt really matter. They are from a 1986 944 and the driver side is power while passenger is manual. My quesiton would be, are these too tall or wide? I'm a big guy and the E30 sports seats arent THAT comfy as some ppl here swear by.

and here's one that also caught my.....ready?.........Nissan 350z seats!

I like these better since they're cloth and look pretty good.

I like the potential in this thread, ill be attacking my interior soon aswell.

Comment

I like the Z seats better. Never sat in either, so purely based on looks.

Comment

Porsche seats have detachable bases so you could mount them to sliders and a custom base like the ones janderson makes.

Pretty sure the z seats you would have to fab to work. Porsche seats are also made by recaro so you know they will be quality.
        ----- www.jjcustominterior.com -----
        We specialize in Recaro restoration!

Comment

Good to know! Do all Recaro seats have detachable bases? Mounting is definitely a concern before pulling the trigger....

Comment

All true recaros will have detachable bases. Only certain oem optioned recaros will not. For example the mk2 vw velour recaro came in a power version that is a true LS and a Manual version that is sort of a recaro/vw hybrid. It uses a recaro ls back on a vw base.

The same can be said for the mk4 vw recaros. They are a recaro back with vw base. On the other hand you have oem seats like the mits. evo recaros that are true recaros with detachable bases.
            ----- www.jjcustominterior.com -----
            We specialize in Recaro restoration!

Comment

Aside from the Porsche seats, these really caught my eye. They look like Recaro style seats in gray cloth. Im leaning towards cloth to avoid the scorching hot leather when the top is down. They are also manual.

Comment

Working...
              X