Touching up those leather seats/bolsters/steering wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touching up those leather seats/bolsters/steering wheels

This is my first post, so I figured that I'd do what I can to contribute to this forum before I benefit from it (which I'm sure I will very soon).

Anyway, if your leather seat bases/backs/bolsters and/or steering wheel are in decent shape (no large cracks or tears) but has that old Bomber Jacket look, & has lost its finish by 'spiderwebbing', I've discovered an excellent and inexpensive method to touch up leather sport seats and/or steering wheels. The results are amazing.
    My initial job was 5 years ago on my Porsche. Classic Gray leather. It's still holding up to this day.
    I just finished the black interior on my '88 325i Convertible. Most people, car buffs or not - think that I reupholstered them.
    Instead of rehashing all of the steps and reprinting all of the comments, take a look for yourself (if you don't mind lurking on a Porsche forum ;) ).
    Here's the link to my writeup.
    Feel free to ask any questions here. I'll be happy to answer!

need to sign up at rennlist to view the pics. post them here?

Comment

Here are the before & after pics of the driver's side bolster in my Porsche. The Classic Gray is a very unique color with a touch of Burgundy in it.
      You can see how well the color matched. I used the same color matching process for my 325, but being a black interior, getting a match was much easier.

Attached Files

Comment

Definetly worth looking into, my rear m3 seat has a lot of cracking like your bolster....

1989 Zinno 325i S50 ZF320

Comment

Working...
        X