Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody ever try these seat covers?

Ebay link:

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for BMW E21 320i RECARO 1977-1983 LEATHER-LIKE SEAT COVER at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

What do you guys think?

... look at the bolsters, do you seriously want your seats to look like that
    ----- www.jjcustominterior.com -----
    We specialize in Recaro restoration!

Comment

no I don't but at $800 to recover these...it starts to look like an option

Comment

Oh i completely understand that but my thing with those is that it almost looks like you just got a real janky upholstery job done. If you are going to go with covers go with a more universal set up imo.

Im sure any shop could make you a decent fitting cover that looks like a cover
        for around 200 bucks.

Comment

Check out this thread:

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

The seller "zoomzoomzoom-ing" on ebay sells some pretty nice looking front seat full upholstery kits for $350 shipped

Comment

IGGEE seat covers are the way to go, I did a group buy a while back. Everyone was happy

Comment

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
              IGGEE seat covers are the way to go, I did a group buy a while back. Everyone was happy

+1, thats what i did.

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
              ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
              Originally posted by JakeP
              with a coathanger

Comment

the IGGEE seat covers posted on the site for sport seats looks just as janky as the covers above. Why waste $200 when you can get a kit from kevin or somebody similar for a tad more??

It amazed me how cheap people can be when it comes to their interior, the part of your car you see the most..

Comment

I cringe when I see those things but I total understand fundage part. I do not know how bad you seats are currently but if just a bolster or 2, this is what I would do;

1. Find some scrap leather from a leather shop, ebay, flea market (this is when I found a perfect match to my indigo). Take your leather to an upholstery shop and have them stich up a new part. Mine cost me $60 and I gave him the seat so INTsALLED!!! Deal!

2. Goto to your local pnp and try to find the damaged part in better condition. Take it off and install your newish one yourself.

3. F/S threads are your friend.

COTM

Comment

In regards to the covers from zoomzoomzoom-ing on eBay please, everyone - AVOID! They look great and the fit is pretty good. BUT, the quality of the material is very, very poor and that "new" look will be short lived. The vinyl is cheap and punctures very easily. And simply sliding across the seat can leave black marks on tan vinyl. Also, the guy (Steven Sperling) is not at all easy to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by UpnorthE30 View Post
                      In regards to the covers from zoomzoomzoom-ing on eBay please, everyone - AVOID! They look great and the fit is pretty good. BUT, the quality of the material is very, very poor and that "new" look will be short lived. The vinyl is cheap and punctures very easily. And simply sliding across the seat can leave black marks on tan vinyl. Also, the guy (Steven Sperling) is not at all easy to work with.
                      +1. His stuff is not very good. An example of paying too little for something. I only know because I have a set of natur sport seat covers that are for sale. Anyway, if you like the seats you have and want them recovered, just pay the money for quality work. Good upholstery will last at least 10 years...
                      sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Working...
                      X