E36 rear seats in e30 sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 rear seats in e30 sedan

Has anyone every tried to put e36 rear seats in an e30? I know people have put in the front seats with custom brackets but I've never found any rear seat jobs. I will be picking up some free e36 convertible seats soon and retrofitting them into my e30. I hope the rears aren't too wide or too short for the e30.

the convertible seats will not fit i have already tried, they are way too small. the e36 sedan ones will fit if i believe so, i can try to do it tomorrow or the next day and let you know. im attempting the entire e36 interior swap soon. got everything but the cluster. GONNA BE FUN.
    Stroked out and poked out

Comment

Well? Did the back seats fit?

Comment

I have e36 rear seat in my 89 325i coupe. They'll fit but something just looks a little off. I think the seats are a bit wide but they'll still fit.
        Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Pics?
          Originally posted by TimKninja
          Racelands are cheap shit.
          Originally posted by whodwho
          So are r3v members
          Originally posted by Cabriolet
          dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

also in for pics
            Sometimes better...Isnt really better.

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
              I have e36 rear seat in my 89 325i coupe. They'll fit but something just looks a little off. I think the seats are a bit wide but they'll still fit.

daamn keen for pics too, which body did the e36 seats come out of?? coupe/vert/sedan??

Comment

I've got pics! But my computer took a nasty shit. Its probably from a sedan cause the front seats won't decline forward like a coupe's seats forward.

Comment

Pics for ya.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	rear seat1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	7138883
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	rear seat2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	7138884
                  when you look closely though they look a bit off, these are e36 sedan seats in an e30 coupe by the way.

Comment

That is a very odd rear E36 rear seat, never seen one with the headrests so low in that configuration???

They usually look like this -

EDIT: Those front seats dont look like they are out of an E36 either...
                    Leo.

E30 318iS, E36 328i

Comment

What seats are they, then?
                      It's not bad paint, it's called "patina"

Comment

Those look like they are from a Japanese car. I'd say Lexus or Acura maybe?
                        harry/harout

Comment

KenC put an E36 seat in his car. None of the pictures work anymore, but you could probably message him and get some from him.

Comment

I have a pair of e36 m3 vaders im getting with rear seats too. They are coupe seats going into a e30 coupe. fit?
                            89 e30is m50
                            97 e39 528i
                            07 e92 335i
                            15 s1000rr

Comment

E46 rears are fitted in mine. Had to cut the floor mounts out and welding them inwards 75mm. Also had to remove 15mm of foam from each end.

Check my build thread in sig
                              RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

Working...
                              X