Window breaker delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window breaker delete

So, I got my paws on an early model center console that has the two button holes instead of three. (The early models had the window breaker button up by the hazard switch)

Anywho, I have no interest in keeping this breaker switch. Can I just jumper the two wires together? Anyone do this and can report they still have all ten fingers?

I'm sure someone is going to tell me that the breaker is there because the window regulator will have to work harder to crush my fingers so it will cause a higher voltage draw, which in turn would flip the breaker. These people clearly never drove an 83 t-bird with super fast power windows that slice / dice / and julienne.

I'm not sure that this is true, or that my thirty year old sticky button would even work in such a situation. Worse case I'll keep it attached and pressed in under the center console and hope it doesn't work its way unpopped.

Wire up to above the hvac panel where the hazards are, you probably have a blank there right?

Comment

No, that space is occupied with other goodies like georges voltmeter (when he finally makes mine), and some other stuff.

Relocating it doesn't solve my being bothered by it.

Comment

I would just run it under the console, worst case scenario is you pop the shift boot off and click it.

Comment

I just stuck a 30 amp fuse in the plug for the switch. Never had any problems, been there for years.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

i used a early model center console and just plugged in the breaker and left it inside the center console

-
            Project
            Parts for Sale
            Feedback
            YouTube Channel

Comment

1 butt connector, done. it still has a fuse.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

damn luke, you're getting slow...
                -Andy

Comment

fuck...you know better than anyone that I been slow for along time!

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    1 butt connector, done. it still has a fuse.
                    Are you referring to fuse #17 or to wire an inline fuse like a poster mentioned above? Adding another 30amp fuse to the system seems pointless. Does the breaker trip at a high current situation like a fuse, or just a high voltage situation.

Comment

Working...
                    X