Aftermarket Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Light

Does anyone know of an aftermarket dome light or map light that could go on an 87 325i sedan. The interior lights seem lacking now. Also the less intense wiring the better. Thanks
    sigpic

Well i have a vert and its one of the first things i did.. Pep boys sells that little rectangular pad with the led lights all over it. Its about 1 inch by 2 and a half long. Its sticky on one side. I just stuck it over the dome light because mine was yellowish and i didnt care. And then just connected the 2 wires to where the existing bulb is.. Dont know if we have the same lights though.. Mine has been in for about 3 years with no problems. Took me about 5 minutes.. Hope this helps. Good luck..
    sigpic

Comment

Why aftermarket? Go OEM with a maplight rearview mirror. Can be had for $40-$60. Run the OEM wire harness down the A-pillar, and the connector is in the driver's side kick panel by the speaker. Pretty simple install. If you're feeling crazy, feed the wire down the inside of the A-pillar. It's not easy, but it makes for a clean install. Some people just get the power from the check panel wiring harness, but these people are butchers, and are too lazy to do real work.

If you want to get adventurous, you could install two more dome lights into the sun visor panel by linking them to the existing dome lights.

Comment

here's one out of a Chevy truck. But you'll lose your check panel.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Anyone have more information on what kind of Silverado light was used? I'd love to add a dome light to my car, the interior lighting is a little... non-existent... at night.
          1991 318i SOLD
          2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Could always go with led's

Only pic I have. There white got em from umnitza

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
            -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Working...
            X