Need info on this quick release...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info on this quick release...

My SE30 came with this quick release system. It has a Momo wheel but it doesn't look like Momo sells quick release systems, so I don't know who makes it.

It's WAY too long; the wheel is up against my chest when I'm comfortable with the pedals. It looks like there's a long extension on it--I'm looking for a shorter one. Any info?
    sigpic
    -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

standard nardi i think.

Comment

The E30 hubs have that huge spacer on them. Its how the OE wheels were too. You could ditch the quick release and gain a lil room. You other options are to go with a different weld on type adapter.
      sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
      The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

I can't get in & out with the steering wheel in place due to the cage and halo seat. I'd like to keep the quick release if at all possible. It's also a nice security feature for a car with no windows!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by priapism View Post
          I can't get in & out with the steering wheel in place due to the cage and halo seat. I'd like to keep the quick release if at all possible. It's also a nice security feature for a car with no windows!
          hence quick release?

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
            hence quick release?
            ?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by priapism View Post
              LTB Autosports US dealer and distributor for Momo Koni AIM Planted NRG and many more.
              sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
              The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Those are pretty cool. Really cool. And reasonably priced!

Comment

How do you like that shifter? Thats AKG right?
                  sigpic
                  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                    How do you like that shifter? Thats AKG right?
                    I've only used one other short shifter, and I like this better. It's the shortest shift I've seen, although I still miss the occasional shift.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwguy325is View Post
                      Yeah, I need to take up welding.

There's got to be a shorter stem available for this thing, wish I could find it.
                      Last edited by priapism; 01-26-2012, 08:27 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Are you using a dished steering wheel?

Ive got the momo hub, tekniq snap-off, and a 90mm dished momo drift wheel...its close but comfortable, but im 6' so maybe i sit further back than you.
                        -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

It's reasonably flat.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X