Cracked dash, hate it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked dash, hate it.

Like 99% of other E30 owners, I have a cracked dash. I'm not going through the labor of installing a non cracked dash, hate dash mats, and not going to spend $100 on a cap. So......(just an idea for now) I thought about drilling holes and running zip ties across the cracks to make it look like stitches (the medical kind). I thought it might be kinda funny. The car has 296k miles, needs a paint job, and isn't going to win any beauty contests anyways. Any thoughts, ideas, constructive criticism?

you should just patch that area up if its one small crack. just call up an upholsterer. what they'll do is drill holes, flexible epoxy it, and dye the area. might cost an hour's labor but better than spending $150+ for a new dash and possibly 4 hours of labor to reinstalling it (and thats if you get it right the first time)

Comment

Thanks, but it's got quite a few cracks.

Kinda looks like this:

Comment

yikes look like a damn fault line.
        on the brighter side, my dash is crack free :D

Comment

My dash has perfectly straight cracks on it. I actually thought they belonged there for a while.
          Basaltblau 318i (Sold) Dammit do I miss these cars... Someone sell me one!

2011 VW GTI 6 speed

Comment

Either buy a crack free dash (used or brand new) or flock it imo. Zip ties will look like shit guaranteed.
            Check out this thread for inspiration. I will be flocking my dash in the coming weeks as well.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Working...
            X