Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
    lets see this
    i'll take pics of the rear tomorrow.....

The only reason i don't run the E46 ones up front anymore is b/c i like how the E30 ones pin down to the floor.

Here is a pic of the E46 M3 mats in an E30 (not my car), but i did run the same mats in my iX....and fit just like this. My OEM E30 mats don't wrap a little bit behind the gas pedal like the E46 ones do.

www.instagram.com/snwmble
    #snwmble

Current:
    '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
    '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
    '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
    '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
    '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
    '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
    '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
    '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

dat sport seat waffleswaffleswaffles..

edit: and dat knob waffleswaffleswaffles

reddit: and dat sturring wheel waffleswaffleswaffles

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
        dat sport seat waffleswaffleswaffles..

edit: and dat knob waffleswaffleswaffles

reddit: and dat sturring wheel waffleswaffleswaffles
        I would do nasty things for that interior... and which floor mats are those? exactly? link?
        87 'vert~~~~~~~89 s50~~~~~~~~~91 318i~~~~~~~~87 s50~~~~~~~~~R.I.P. '91 318i

I Need used SIR tools

Comment

im not straight up knocking him for using e46 mats, hell i have a bmw performance 5 speed knob in my car right now just for kicks. but why does it matter if the drivers mat wraps around behind the gas pedal? period correct would be oem and all e30 options/accessories. not an e46s accessories. just my opinion. but the mats you posted look/fit better than the OPs e46 mats so i'll give you that. also, the zhp knob looks better in an e30 than e46 floor mats do. my opinion.

Comment

im not straight up knocking him for using e46 mats, hell i have a bmw performance 5 speed knob in my car right now just for kicks. but why does it matter if the drivers mat wraps around behind the gas pedal? period correct would be oem and all e30 options/accessories. not an e46s accessories. just my opinion. but the mats you posted look/fit better than the OPs e46 mats so i'll give you that. also, the zhp knob looks better in an e30 than e46 floor mats do. my opinion.
            im simply telling you my experience w/ the two. THe OP E46 mats looked way diff in cut then the OEM ones

I ran E46 mats from my buddies' 330xi which he gave to me when i had no mats in my 1st E30.
            I ran hand-me-down E46 M3 mats from my 05 M3 on my current iX.
            I wanted to try out the E30 OEM mats, so I bought them as a replacement.

My observation....the E30 ones are plusher and seem to wear a lot better, but as far as coverage.....the OEM E46 mats fill the gaps of the floor more than the E30 ones do....at least from my experience.

Right now I run the E30 front mats....and have the E46 mats in the rear. The E30 mats in the rear seem to cover only 75% of the floor. Now if this is an iX thing, i'm not sure...since in never ran E30 mats in my RWD E30. The passenger front E30 mat has a weird 'kink/cut' in it where the floor breaks up, which the E46 ones don't.
            Last edited by audiquattrot; 06-19-2012, 09:23 PM.
            #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

Strange my e30 oem mats dont have that break on the passenger front. I know what you mean by that though. The e46 mats you posted do fill up the sides, but the ///M kills it. The ebay mats OP posted fit terrible though. Sorry OP, but those cant be made by bmw.

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
                The only reason i don't run the E46 ones up front anymore is b/c i like how the E30 ones pin down to the floor.
                Good point. Is it possible to buy those oem floor mat fasteners/clips and pin the mats down yourself?
                1990 BMW 325i Coupe

Comment

Strange my e30 oem mats dont have that break on the passenger front. I know what you mean by that though. The e46 mats you posted do fill up the sides, but the ///M kills it. The ebay mats OP posted fit terrible though. Sorry OP, but those cant be made by bmw.
                  Yeah those aren't BMW mats.....just generic.

Btw the regular non-M3 e46 mats don't have any ///M logos...it has a 'BMW' one like the E30 mats
                  #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

Originally posted by kumulonimbus View Post
                    Good point. Is it possible to buy those oem floor mat fasteners/clips and pin the mats down yourself?
                    The mats in my E46 have plastic discs that go into the carpet....and has Velcro to Velcro the mats down. I prefer the way the e30 ones have a fastener.
                    #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

you get what you pay for. The mats I got are not OEM BMW mats. i figure i'll use this set as daily and get some OEM ones later on if I make my E30 a show car by any chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X