Moving Custom Gauge Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Custom Gauge Panel

So when I bought my car the PO had a custom fabricated gauge panel in the center console, and I was thinking, this looks really good, but it also seems like a big panel for only three gauges...

...So I was thinking, instead of putting the gauges down there, why not switch them with the radio, so sort of like this

And the mount a double din in the custom panel, like this...

My question is, does anybody know where I can get a single din radio delete with the 3 gauge panel where the plastic matches that of the surronding dash??

And does anybody know anyone who could refab a similar panel only with a 2 din opening instead of the three gauges??

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
    Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Search my friend, I know I have seen a person who sells exactly what you're asking for , on,this forum.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I did a search, I looked around and asked around for a few days, I found something close on the bimmerforums...

I found the gauge pods, thanks ak- I ordered that, now I just need to find the custom panel for lower

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
          I did a search, I looked around and asked around for a few days, I found something close on the bimmerforums...

I found the gauge pods, thanks ak- I ordered that, now I just need to find the custom panel for lower
          Oh ok, I just did mine on my own.

@IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Bimma360

He sells the panel for the gauges you pictured.
            See if he can sell you a blank; he's a great dude.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Cool I sent them a msg but that is exactly what I was looking for thanks

Comment

Do you plan on putting just a lcd screen there or an actual full on double din head unit? Theres prolly gonna be some clearance issues if so. Im pretty sure the bottom of the head unit will hit the trans tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
                  Do you plan on putting just a lcd screen there or an actual full on double din head unit? Theres prolly gonna be some clearance issues if so. Im pretty sure the bottom of the head unit will hit the trans tunnel.
                  Hmm thats a really good point, It very well may, I will have to further look into that

Comment

Working...
                  X