Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought seats from a forum member; should the buckles work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought seats from a forum member; should the buckles work?

here is what the ad said in regards to my sport seats

"Just got these looking nice and working great. Put some nice shocks in so they recline and actually pop back up. They slide, lean, and tilt just like they should. They sit straight and have no lean or slop. "

There are in southern CA, 92354

350 pickup.
    PM for shipping

one of the parties says the buckles should work, the other party says they shouldn't.

Thoughts?

If I read "working great" in the ad and bought them, I'd expect them to work. If they didn't work, I'd expect the seller to say so prior to purchase. However the unfortunate reality is that unless you specifically asked if the buckles (latches) worked prior to making the purchase, I don't think you can expect the seller to hold himself responsible. Not unlike eBay, where that's the case unless you ask a specific question about an item and get a specific response which is false. Caveat emptor.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

What are you asking from us? Is it different years that the buckles interchange? Or are they in working order?

#1. There are different buckles. (But can be changed very quick and easy.)
      #2. We dont have the seats infront of us to know if they are in working order.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

was not an easy job for me to change buckles; I tried many times and I couldn't do it so I had to pay my mechanic to do so.

it seems like all years are interchangeable.

Im asking the forum because I would like to know if I am being out of line (in the communitys eyes) by asking for some money back

Comment

I've sold a number of sets of seats in the past and I rarely include the seat belt receivers with the seats. I figure the buyer can swap on the seat belt receivers from their old seats.

In this case, just swap on your old seat belt receivers or pick some up from the junkyard. If the seller offers some money back then that'd be good, but it's no big deal either way in my opinion
          Last edited by td325ic; 05-07-2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

i would say they should work, cheap assz dont include buckles
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

How much are you out, for the buckles themselves $9.00?
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by dhcg86 View Post
                here is what the ad said in regards to my sport seats

"Just got these looking nice and working great. Put some nice shocks in so they recline and actually pop back up. They slide, lean, and tilt just like they should. They sit straight and have no lean or slop. "

There are in southern CA, 92354

350 pickup.
                PM for shipping

one of the parties says the buckles should work, the other party says they shouldn't.

Thoughts?
                Read the seller's description, he's obviously talking about the seats working. If they "recline and actually pop back up, slide, lean, and tilt just like they should, and sit straight and have no lean or slop", then you got what you bargained for.

There is no mention of the buckles in his description and you are wrong to assume anything.

Also, no offense, but I'm curious to know what's so difficult about removing the seat belt buckle from the seat, and why you needed to pay a mechanic to do it for you?
                Last edited by robrez; 05-07-2012, 03:29 PM.
                sigpic
                January 2012 COTM

Comment

he never really mentioned the buckles working, so what's left to discuss?
                  shoulda asked prior to purchase, now you're sol mah friend

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                    How much are you out, for the buckles themselves $9.00?
                    no idea, I sourced them from my old seats.

I guess I am not strong enough to remove the bolts themselves; I tried many times and even bought some stuff that was supposed to loosen the bolt.

The mechanic billed me $25 for his time

Comment

Dude, you need 2-17mm sockets/ratchets, one for the front & one for the back, not so much strenght needed to do.

This is just a thought but, maybe you should reconsider toying around with an old car and buy a new Honda CIVIC, those cars don't need to be swapping seats or anything else.
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

If i were buying seats i would not expect the buckles to be working or included. A lot of people don't because they don't work or because they kept them to fix their broken ones. To me it would be the same as buying a used engine and expecting the clutch and pressue plate to be in good condition. Don't coun't on it.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
                          he never really mentioned the buckles working, so what's left to discuss?
                          shoulda asked prior to purchase, now you're sol mah friend
                          What he said

Comment

fair enough.

classy commentary by some folk

Comment

I think you bought seats. If they came with buckles, they were a gift. If they don't work, that gift was of little value.
                              If I were the seller, I would offer no refund because I sent you what you paid for.
                              I believe it would be wrong to ask for any refund relating to the operability of the seat belt receptacle attached to the seat.

Comment

Working...
                              X