RD Wood Dash kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RD Wood Dash kit

I'm sure most on here don't dig the wood. I think it looks horrible if your car has a 'sports car' theme. However, mine is slow and there is nothing 'sporty' about it. You just have to have the right car for it.
    I think it looks pretty sweet. The Alpina one is pretty nice as well.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

what I'd do, would be refinish it in gloss black or something, then it would really add to the interior I think
    BEERTECH

Comment

I agree. A gloss-black finish would look awesome.

I'm planning on picking one of those up, shaving it slightly, and recovering it in C/F...

...well, maybe we'll see how the photoshop looks first :-)
      My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

That actually wouldn't look bad in a slushbox cabrio.

-Charlie
        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
        FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
          That actually wouldn't look bad in a slushbox cabrio.

-Charlie
          Or my bronzit 318i 8)

Comment

thats not my bag...baby

if you like it I say get it then. Isn't that all that matters

Comment

First post :D

When I got my E30, it came with a similar kit, but in a 'walnut' finish. The laquer was cracking a bit and looked crap, so I decided to respray it gloss black. I've done the bits for the glovebox and the steering column surround in a satin black colour so far. I'm sort of using the satin black as an undercoat, and will sand it nice and smooth before I spray on the gloss black. Looks like this:

I also had these panels which were screwed to the doors...

...like this:

Not sure what I'm going to do with these yet. Maybe paint them gloss black to match the other bits, or cover them in black/grey vinyl that matches the dash. Or leave them off entirely - dunno really.

Comment

How much do you want for the front door ones?

Wow, you can really see where they've faded over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                  Me? Er, I live in Australia dude :o Besides, I'm not really looking to sell them :)

Comment

Originally posted by sovann
                    Me? Er, I live in Australia dude :o Besides, I'm not really looking to sell them :)
                    There doesn't seem to be much of an E30 business in Australia, at least by the looks of ebaymotors.com.au, and since the USD is very strong there, I was hoping to buy stuff from there. Can you hook us up with some websites to buy E30 stuff from Australia? Shipping would still be a bit of a hassle though.
                    Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by sovann
                      I knew you were in Australia; shipping would be quite a bit. But I really like the wood door panels; they're classy. :D

Comment

Come to think of it, that kit on ebay is for cars with steering wheel on right also, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by franz
                          Come to think of it, that kit on ebay is for cars with steering wheel on right also, isn't it?
                          I think you're right. You wouldn't be able to use the one that went under the steering column and around the headlight/foglight switches.

Comment

Originally posted by M42Tecknik
                            There doesn't seem to be much of an E30 business in Australia, at least by the looks of ebaymotors.com.au, and since the USD is very strong there, I was hoping to buy stuff from there. Can you hook us up with some websites to buy E30 stuff from Australia? Shipping would still be a bit of a hassle though.
                            You could try www.carshine.com.au - I haven't bought anything from them before, but apparently they are quite expensive. They sell some of those wooden dash kits though, in walnut, similar to mine.

Also have a look at http://www.bavariacars.com.au/

It's pretty hard to find E30 stuff here though, especially on the web. A lot of vendors don't have online catalogues or anything, I guess we're a little backwards out here in the bush :D

Anyway, I thought the US dollar was very weak over here at the moment ie. AUS$1 is like US$0.77 I think, but I never did understand the whole international currency thing...

Comment

Working...
                            X