Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different sunroof cranks?

Hi guys,
    I tried ordering this sunroof crank (see link below) for my E30 and the crank base did not fit on the cable gear post that has the flat spots...it is almost like the flat spots are a little shallower on the new crank base than on the old one.

Are there different cranks for various years of our cars?

I don't know what the previous owner did on this because I did not swap it out; I got the car the way it is. Could it be a crank from a Benz or a BMW 5-series?

The crank I ordered was this one:
    http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/Part...f+Crank+Handle

I got it from FCP, but this is the same part.

Any ideas on how I can get a crank for my '89? I don't want to start removing the sunroof transmission and messing with cables, etc. :???:

According to realoem all E30s use the same crank although there was a P/N change along the line. I had the same issue you do when I bought a new one off eBay. I attributed to cheap Chinese aftermarket junk and filed the the flats until it fit. The crank broke within a year so I bought a good used OEM one.

Comment

Originally posted by vpilarrt View Post
      According to realoem all E30s use the same crank although there was a P/N change along the line. I had the same issue you do when I bought a new one off eBay. I attributed to cheap Chinese aftermarket junk and filed the the flats until it fit. The crank broke within a year so I bought a good used OEM one.
      No issues with fitment on the used part?

Comment

I have the same problem. I'm crankless right now because the crank I ordered wouldn't fit with the flat parts of the pin either.
        Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

No issues with the used part. You just to have get a good one, which is somewhat luck-of-the-draw.

Comment

Even when new?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
            X