Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bmw e30 91 vert interior dye matte black & matte imola red

THIS IS NO WAY AVERTISING POST!
    the Wu! Wraps logo is for my facebook page, i don't do this for $$!

had some free time today to work on my interior for my bmw e30 1991 convertible. all leather/vinyl was cream/kakhi. now it's matte e46 imola red & matte black. this is soooo time intensive that i haven't touched these for like 6 mnths since i got all the color on them... touched up some of it, a lil more work to go as you can see in the pics. the red is not as red as the pics show. its just like imola red, but more flat/dry looking. but not as maroon as cardinal red for e30's. i might go over it with a light couple coats of gloss to give it a little more sheen to it... i could not for the life of me get a super precise line between the red & black on the door cars and rear panels. so i decided to use vinyl pinstripe to just edge it. end result is great!! the pinstripe should hold great, i have never had issues with it b4. overall for a dye job it's not bad at all. still have the driver seat to go (still in the car). the kakhi carpet is also dyed black, not in the pics. also painted/dyed the dash board, center console, random door sills, etc. all in matte black. and NO i would never do this again!... it's been so long i don't even remember how the seat goes back together...

source of products:
    imola red leather dye kit

rustoleum matte black vinyl paint (autozone)
    duplicolor fabric & carpet paint (o rileys)
    duplicolor matte black plastic paint (o rileys)
    3m matte black automotive grade pinstripe vinyl (wesco)

nice

Comment

Working...
    X