Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Option 708: M-Sport Leather Steering Wheel II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Option 708: M-Sport Leather Steering Wheel II?

The build sheet for my 1990 325is shows one of the installed options is 708, which it lists as "M-Sport Leather Steering Wheel II." Is "M-Sport II" the same as "M-Tech II"? When I bought the car it had an M-Tech I steering wheel. Is this the right wheel or do you think an M-Tech II wheel was swapped out in the past?

Hmm...anyone know?

Comment

I think its the three spoke wheel with the motorsport stripe on the bottom spoke
      sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
      The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

1990 was the first year for airbags, so your car did not originally come with an m-tech 1 wheel.

whether it had an m-tech 2, i don't know - but i've never personally seen one of those on an e30 from the factory.
        8380 Laboratories
        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

bmwguy325is, both the M-Tech I and M-Tech II steering wheels are 3-spoke designs. Given my build sheet says "M-Sport...II", I'm wondering which wheel that corresponds to.

8380 Labs, Actually, my car is an early(7/89) MY1990 build (verified by the VIN#) which was not equipped with an airbag (verified by the VIN# and by the build sheet).

Comment

Working...
          X