Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gtr bucket seats

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

for those who are looking for a cheap alternative where good Bmw seats are not readily available or cheap e.g. Australian Uni students, i managed pick pick up a slightly worn set of 32gtr seats for $400 for my 318is they are very comfortable and 'hug' you much more than comfort/sport seats. The gtr rails can use the standard e30 bolts/holes in the rear with some patience, the fronts i just fabbed up some brackets to work off the standard mounting points in the floor.
    Hopefully some of you find this useful.
    Ryan

Nice find, but GTR seats are much rarer in the US than BMW sport seats I'd say...They do look very comfortable.
    sigpic'87 335i

Comment

really? In Australia it is the complete opposite, gtr's well the interiors due to many receiving fixed backs and stripped for racing purposes aren't hard to come by unlike BMW seats. I guess it all depends on who imports what.

Comment

Yeah GTRs aren't legal to import into the US...and never were. there are a few grey markets cars floating around, but that's it.
        sigpic'87 335i

Comment

^he's right I've never seen one here ever, but sport seats are everywhere. I'm somewhat jealous of you:(

Comment

Curious on your brackets, can you post some pics? I may be able to get a set cheap lol

Comment

I saw a 34GTR stateside in my shithole town when I was 13 or so. My jaw dropped wide open.
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

haha yes gtr's are definitely one car that will make your jaw drop especially the r34 version. Give me a few days on the picture for the bracket i'm away from the e30 for a bit.
                Last edited by dunsky; 08-06-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Hey guys i said i would post pictures of the brackets i made but after testing them more i have found they make the seat sit too low and have bit too much flex for my liking, ill post up some images when my new ones are finished

Comment

Working...
                  X