Confort seat - recline mechanism problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confort seat - recline mechanism problems

Hello everyone... I am having one of the most strange problems so far with my beloved E30

I cant recline my seat!

I can only recline my seat when the height is at his lower setting.

so now the only way I can set up how much "reclined" I want my seat is by adjusting the seat down, reclining more or less , then bringing the seat back up and it stays there.

In the next image you can see inside the circle the "safe" that moves down when the lever is pulled to adjust the seat recline.

Each seat will have 2 of these mechanisms one for each side, the side with the black lever will work OK and will reach the bottom unlocking the back support. But the lever pictured above will only travel half way to unlock.

Its a really strange issue.

I already dismantled the seat and confirmed this behaviour.

What could be happening here? The bar inside the seat that goes from the lever to the other side is a sold bar so... is not broken or twisted.

ideas? thanks!
    Last edited by mgromero; 09-10-2012, 04:49 PM.

ooops! same problem here for Audiquattrot a few years ago

Comment

any clues? ):

Comment

hey man.....i tried everything from replacing shocks which i thought were bad to the latch assembly.

In the end, i ended up taking a seat bottom from elsewhere, had the leather skin from my seat swapped onto the donor seat bottom. Sorry i don't have a solution for you as I tried, and failed!
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

no problem my friend, thanks for your reply. and btw.... your M3 is a piece of ART dude..what a beautifull machine... can you send me pics? sorry for the offtopic.

Ontopic:

I need some help with this freaking seat! :)

Comment

Working...
          X