Redying Seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redying Seats?

My sports seats were redone to match the 1986 Pearl Beige but i have uprgraded to the Tan doors panels and rear seats found in some 88+ such as the 1991 and 1990 e30s blah blah blah anway its just throwing off the whole color scheme of the inteiror and my drivers seat frame needs repairs anyway so how much does it cost to get a seat dyed to match the rest of the car?

Can i do this myself and how hard is it to do and how much will it run me oh and how do i do it?

If i have a shop do it how much will it cost?

Thanks a bunch

This will be a really nice change for me having a matching pair of seats as i have invested alot of time and money in the inteiror of my car and to have a couple mismatched seats just is out right annoying.

I dyed my seats last year with just black shoe leather dye. My seats were allready black, but redying them made the world of difference. After a year or so I havent been able to see any signs of fading or the dye coming off.

Its easy to do it yourself, just take your seats out and clean them real well and take your time with the dye.

Kyle
    1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
    DILLIGAF

Comment

Black its eaiser to match but i think it would be harder to do when trying to match tan wouldnt it be.

How long did the process take you

Comment

There was a whole lot of conversatoin about this a bit ago.

See my www for some amateur reupholstering.
        A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

Comment

Originally posted by rscheiring
          There was a whole lot of conversatoin about this a bit ago.

See my www for some amateur reupholstering.
          Thanks for the link i was going to do a search but i didnt know how to begine searching for it plus i wanted a few questions answered. ;)

Comment

Is there a special dye that you have to use?

If so whats a good brand and where can i pick some up

Comment

if you dyed all of your seats the same tanish color, then the seats would all match and look good. I took a few days with a seat per day.

Kyle
              1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
              DILLIGAF

Comment

Thats alot of work but it is worth it or so i hope

Comment

leatherique brand dye seems to be all the rage with some car restoration gurus. I'll probably use it on my seats this summer for a re-dye. you might want to look into it.

Comment

i got my sport seats redyed and conditioned black for $150. They turned out great

Comment

Working...
                    X