Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver's seat belt issue

Hey guys,

I need a little bit of assistance. For some reason lately my belt does not want to clip in easily, I have to make multiple attempts to make sure my seat belt is secure. Is there a fix for this problem or do I need a new clip, whatever its called.

Thanks
    Shah

It sounds like you need a new seat belt latch. I have the same problem on my restoration project car and I'll be ordering the latches for both sides next week. The passenger side is still working, but it is very sun faded, so both get replaced.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Anyone have any? Easy install?

Comment

The latch is held to the seat frame by a single bolt. There is also a connector for the seat belt switch.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Try slapping the outside of the receptacle to get the latch to activate. Often the springs will jam if any debris gets in there. But if you do need to replace it you need to unbolt the seat, remove the one 19mm bolt retaining the receptacle and replace.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Try slapping the outside of the receptacle to get the latch to activate. Often the springs will jam if any debris gets in there. But if you do need to replace it you need to unbolt the seat, remove the one 19mm bolt retaining the receptacle and replace.
            I'm in full-on slap mode now, but I was thinking of trying silicone spray to lubricate the button itself. Would that be worth the effort?
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I have had mixed results cleaning seat belt receptacles, but it can't hurt to try a bit of lubrication. The best result I had was to drop a receptacle in a pot of hot water and lubricate it after it dried. Seemed to free up whatever gunk was in there and AFAIK the new owner is having no issues.

Comment

Use a syringe and squirt some motor oil in there. Silicone spray can gum up over time.

Comment

The red button on my passenger side is stuck in the down position, so not latching. I will try these suggestions, too.

Comment

Working...
                  X