have you used colorbond interior paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you used colorbond interior paint

some guys on e46f have used it with some good results.
    has anyone on r3v used it?
    i have a cardinal interior but am not sure what color would match best, if you have re done cardinal let me know what you used!

it seems to cover well and last
    opinions?

I bought 13 cans of the stuff.
    8 cans for the carpet
    5 for the trim pieces.

Lessons learned?
    8 cans for the carpet is not enough id go at least 10 for maximum coverage. Seems to be holding up pretty well.

The BMW black trim paint is a near perfect match. Also is holding up well but will scratch on the rubber door pulls.

And.its stupid expensive.
    I'm cooler in person.

Comment

I used just under 3 cans of the skid mark black for my carpet...it did start out as grey though.

I used 2 cans for the vinyl dye for my headliner. GREAT stuff. I believe they sell the vinyl die at Bass Pro shops...the carpet stuff I had to order online.
      1991 318is ---230K - DD
      1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
      so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

I started with tan carpet.I think two more cans I could have had complete coverage. Depending on the direction of my carpet pile you can still.see the tan peeks through.
        I did do a couple of touch ups with duplicolor carpet dye and it seemed just as good.
        I'm cooler in person.

Comment

I used it to dye my rear seat from grey to black, it actually worked so so well. I was very happy with the results. It doesn't chip or scratch or flake or anything, you would never guess they used to be grey, it still feels exactly the same like leather. I can post pics if you would like.

Comment

thanks guys for the input, i feel confident enough to purchase it now

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
              thanks guys for the input, i feel confident enough to purchase it now
              color factory in fremont sells this stuff i believe. last time ive used this, you'll need a sealer application. I've tried this stuff and the SEM and no matter how well you prep or dye the material, any sort of rubbing or prolongue resting will still induce color transfer

Comment

Ive always used and love SEM color coat products. Cheap, durable and easy to spray. While they do offer a lot of colors, they only have 2 that are bmw specific and they are gray and tan. They do have a color called firethorn red which is a more vivid cardinal type color.
                harry/harout

Comment

i want to dye my door cards, armrest and map pockets, they look ok but not perfect, im not really worried about wearing it off since those are not things you are touching constantly in the car.

i also want to dye my carpet and speaker shelf w/ carpet dye.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                    Ive always used and love SEM color coat products. Cheap, durable and easy to spray. While they do offer a lot of colors, they only have 2 that are bmw specific and they are gray and tan. They do have a color called firethorn red which is a more vivid cardinal type color.
                    i should check it out, thanks!
                    i saw some other people using it but was not conviced with the quality i saw

Comment

I just did the rear deck tray in BMW black,(non carpet) and think it turned out better than the skidmark black carpet spray.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
                      I'm cooler in person.

Comment

so i ended up ordering some sem color coat since it is cheaper, i will see how it works out

Comment

BUMP*

any results? as i am thinking of doing the exact same to my vert where i want to respray to black... door cards,map pockets and rear speakers covers to match my seats which wil be a black and tan combo
                          sigpic"God made cars to be RWD and standard"

Comment

I USED SEM COLOR COAT, so far its been awesome but i have only driven the car about 300 miles

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                              I USED SEM COLOR COAT, so far its been awesome but i have only driven the car about 300 miles

Photos please:D

Comment

Working...
                              X