f*$*ing glovebox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f*$*ing glovebox!

Aright Ive tried but cant open the thing. I bought it and it wouldnt open. I know its to unlock and its missing the screws on the backside, but the front will not come off. Anyone have any ideas? Im pretty sure the lock is stuck despite the keyhole being able to move..

www.rimstrader.com

all the parts you need to swap the M30 into your E30 here-> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=m30+mounts

99 540i/66 911

Tire iron.

-Charlie
    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
    FYYFF

Comment

maybe i should just drill the lock out

www.rimstrader.com

all the parts you need to swap the M30 into your E30 here-> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=m30+mounts

99 540i/66 911

Comment

http://bmwe30.net/cgi-bin/datacgi/da...033&Section=00

this gets you most of the way, sadly I think you need to also get a new glovebox... it's tough to get the lock/latch thing unstuck without forcing it, busting the latch, and cracking the glove box... sorry bro.

try drilling out the two screws, you've got nothing to lose... you also want to get a new latch because if it's stuck, the latch is probably on it's way out. Get a new one, not a used one.

Comment

I had to replace my glovebox after the latch broke with my keys inside it. I used that writeup, I didn't put a scratch on my glovebox, so unless you go crazy with a crowbar you shouldn't need to replace that. You will deform that upper support bracket though, but I was able to bend it back into place.

Your latch is broken is the problem, you need to buy a new latch (~$10) from somewhere and then switch the locks out. Be carefull when you remove the old lock as the keys and springs are loose and will fall out and get mixed up. Do this on a clean table so you won't lose any of those.

Honestly I think that taking out the broken glovebox was the most aggrivating job I've ever done on my car. It sucks.

'88 325is
          VP UT of Austin Autoholics
          BMWCCA 380364

Comment

my latch is broken :(

Comment

Old thread but the link above is dead. I have the same problem with my newly aquired 325e. It will not open, anyone happen to have what ever help was posted in the missing link? Thanks

Comment

At the back of the glovebox, remove the three screws. This will make it easier to move the glovebox around and try to get to the latch. For working with the glovebox, I have found that removing the passenger's seat makes it so much easier to lie down and try to repair it that way.

Once you have it out, order a new latch (I'd get a non-locking latch.)
                - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                E36 325i sedan
                E30 325i sedan
                Volvo 945T

Comment

Working...
                X