heated seat conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heated seat conversion

I've got the opportunity right now to buy some fantasticly clean black leather seats locally here. But being the fact that I'm rolling in a convertible, I need my heated seats.

How difficult is it to put the heating element into non-heated seats? How do you go about this?

'88 325is
    VP UT of Austin Autoholics
    BMWCCA 380364

Originally posted by Jordan325iC
    I've got the opportunity right now to buy some fantasticly clean black leather seats locally here. But being the fact that I'm rolling in a convertible, I need my heated seats.

How difficult is it to put the heating element into non-heated seats? How do you go about this?
    The heated and non heated seat covers are the same (at least for the fabric ones). When I replaced my drivers side seat fabric I just had to make some slits in the backside of the seat and slide the elements into the channels.

The heating element is shaped like a fork with 4 (if I remember) prongs. These run along channels in the seat fabric. The channels on non heated seats are sealed, you just make some cuts at the ends of the channels to insert the element.

Comment

Working...
    X