Alpina steering wheel - value question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpina steering wheel - value question

I picked up a nice old wooden Alpina steering wheel a while back. Money is tight now as I am working on a new project and I am thinking about selling it. Unfortunately I have not been able to find many wood ones for sale to try to figure out where to price it. Here are a couple photos:

About the condition of the wheel. I would say the wood is in 5/10 condition as there are a few cracks that have been filled but the rest is in good shape. The metal is in 8/10 condition with a new small nicks here on the front and there and one less than 1in scratch by one of the bolt holes on the back. The wheel does not have the pad that surrounds the horn hole or the horn button.

I have seen similar leather ones going for right around $350 in like new condition and around $250 in used/rewrapped condition. On the one hand nearly all the one I have seen for sale includes a horn button and the round pad the surrounds the horn. On the other hand I have not seen any wood ones available lending me to think they are more rare.

I have only been in the e30 community for ~2 years. I am guessing that some of you that have been around longer might have seen some of these change hands a few times and might remember what they went for. Do any of you have any idea how I should price this?

Thanks

*my apologies if this is not the right place on the forum for this or if I have made any faux pas*
    sigpic
    I am 6cyl from Oppositelock and did this m20 ITB project write up

give levent @ guten parts and service a call, he knows all rare and crazy stupid expensive parts BMW, im sure he can help you out.
    that wheel would look dope in an E28 or E21 with wood trim though.
    Proud Owner and Operator.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I got in touch with him and he was very helpful.

If anyone is wondering the result, based on some helpful advice I decided to post it on eBay.
      sigpic
      I am 6cyl from Oppositelock and did this m20 ITB project write up

Comment

I think i paid $350 for one with the wood center and mounting hub.

Hope that helps
        -Colin
        sigpic
        '92 AW 'vert
        ... in process...

Comment

Working...
        X