Sport Seat question (hog rings?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport Seat question (hog rings?)

So I have a set of Houndstooth sport seats I was eventually going to restore, and noticed on one of them that the 'indentations' on the ass portion of the seat have lifted. I can feel 3 bumps protruding from the houndstooth material, which i'm assuming are the hog rings that hold them down in place.

My question is, is there a way to reattach these rings without having to peel off the houndstooth material completely? I can't remember if there was access from the bottom of the seat. Also does anyone know where the rings hook onto? I've taken sport seats apart, but not that far in depth, so I'm not sure what I'm really dealing with underneath the fabric...

Pictured below is the section in question (circled in red).

www.instagram.com/snwmble
    #snwmble

Current:
    '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
    '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
    '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
    '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
    '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
    '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
    '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
    '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

if you want to bring them by the shop, i can help you out with them, but it is possible to catch the hog rings from the bottom, but you run a very high risk of poping through the material, i also have those bolsters all ready for ya as well.
    Proud Owner and Operator.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EthirtyIS View Post
      if you want to bring them by the shop, i can help you out with them, but it is possible to catch the hog rings from the bottom, but you run a very high risk of poping through the material, i also have those bolsters all ready for ya as well.
      haha. I was actually gonna hit you up. I finally was able to get my buddy to drop the seats over to my house this past wkend. I was just gonna have you do them like we spoke about, just not priority right now! Got too many things going on....The material looks stretched on the ass b/c those rings aren't attached, and will bug the hell outta me since you can feel those rings when you sit.

I might also have you wrap the backs of the seat as well.....those got damaged a bit bringing them from NJ to SI =/

Anytime you're free stop by and we can come up w/ a game plan after you look at it and assess before I bring them to you. Then I can prob get my buddy w/ his pickup to drop them off to you. Let me know if that works!
      www.instagram.com/snwmble
      #snwmble

Current:
      '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
      '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
      '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
      '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
      '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
      '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
      '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
      '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Working...
      X