Help on removing the rear view mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on removing the rear view mirror

I did a quick read up, and what I got from it was that I'm basically supposed to brute force the old mirror off. I removed the check panel and I noticed that the piece of metal that the mirror clips into wiggles a bit. Is that piece supposed to have play or is that something I'm going to have to weld back up? I tried pulling the mirror off but the thing wouldn't budge at all. I didn't want to muscle it too much because I was afraid of ripping down that entire panel. Any advice I can get on the subject?

its spring loaded kinda if i remember correctly, normally it just pops out with some force.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

How much force? I tried yanking on it for about 20 minutes, but it just wouldn't budge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainydays View Post
        How much force? I tried yanking on it for about 20 minutes, but it just wouldn't budge.
        That doesn't seem right, It should come out fairly easily. I always thought it was harder to get back on than take off lol. I wouldn't "yank" on it really , try just one continuous pull so to speak, I've always just grabbed it and pulled straight back towards the sunroof.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
          That doesn't seem right, It should come out fairly easily. I always thought it was harder to get back on than take off lol. I wouldn't "yank" on it really , try just one continuous pull so to speak, I've always just grabbed it and pulled straight back towards the sunroof.
          I tried that but I was afraid of ripping apart the panel that surrounds it. I guess I may have to take off the entire panel and go to town on it. Is that piece it snaps into supposed to wiggle though?

Comment

Working...
          X