Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - Name of Rubber Piece Around Steering Column - HELP

Hey guys,

In the image below I have circled in red the piece I am trying to find. Its just the rubber piece around the column and I am simply looking to purchase one, or at least find the technical name of the piece so I could purchase a new one. If you have one I will buy it from you. Or if you could post a link to a location or site I could buy one that would be great. If all you know is the name of the piece please post that below.

(Its a 1991 BMW 325iX with airbag)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubber Trim.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	7235781

Thanks in advance,

- Mazin Hattar

I'm pretty sure that's just upper steering column trim. Here's a diagram:

It looks like they include it as part of the steering wheel itself, which is odd.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
      I'm pretty sure that's just upper steering column trim. Here's a diagram:

It looks like they include it as part of the steering wheel itself, which is odd.
      Not a part of the trim, it is made of rubber and is indeed a part of the wheel but can be separated. I remember it from when i pulled my airbag wheel off the car. There are a lot of them at the bone yards but none of the cars have keys and wheel lock is engaged so worthless...
      » PARTS FOR SALE
      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

use a cordless drill and just drill the ignition^
        1991 318is ---230K - DD
        1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
        so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Working...
        X