Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headliner sources

Hey guys,

Looking for a black or charoal non-sunroof headliner.

Anybody have experience with these guys at world upholstry?
    World Upholstery & Trim manufactures authentic reproductions of restoration trim parts for BMW 3-Series Second Generation (E30) Sedans, Coupes & Wagons. Our products include seat covers/upholstery, seat pads, carpets, headliners, interior panels, rubber seals, sunvisors, convertible tops and other accessories. Models include 316, 316i, 318i, 318is, 320i, 323i, 325i, 325ix, 325e, 333i, 324d, 324td.

Has anyone dealt with Creative Options lately? How is their delivery time?

Any other options for a headliner that fits nicely?

Thanks!
    -Chris

I got my headliner from kevin chin a few weeks ago, it looks really good, communication was spotty but price was really really good

Comment

Awesome! I've heard good things about his work... How was the turnaround time?
      -Chris

Comment

luckily for me he already had one made and ready to go

Comment

It is tough to communicate with creative options.
          Winner winner chicken dinner?

My Seller Feedback Thread

Comment

Thats what i've heard. I sent them an email yesterday about this time with no response as of yet. You'd think they'd be responsive to inquiries at least...

I still have a ton of work to do to get this chassis cleaned up and painted so waiting a little bit wont be a huge deal but i dont want to wait 6 months or anything.

So no experience with WorldUph?

Just a side note:
            Kevin from Creative got back to me and we've been exchanging emails on the subject. He told me he could get a "light weave" or "micro" done this week!
            Last edited by So Live; 12-17-2013, 01:46 PM. Reason: updates.
            -Chris

Comment

So after 4 or 5 emails back and forth with Kevin, he's sending me some samples of the material he has. He seems pretty responsive so far and the price is right so I think I will buy one from him. I'll update with some photos once I get it installed (going to be a while though).
              -Chris

Comment

So is this an entirely new headliner piece or do you have to remove yours, remove old material, and put new material onto the old headliner?
                1997 Artic Silver M3
                CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Not entirely sure what your asking. I dont know how you'd put new material on the old liner after your removed the old material? The material is the liner.

Either way, yes i need a whole new headliner, i pulled mine with Jordan's instructions and will be replacing with a brand new one. http://oldmary.lqhome.com/~jordansarette/Headliner.pdf

In e30's the headliner is just a peice of fabric that gets secured by the windows (front + rear windshields + rear side glass) and the door seals with a few metal rods spanning the width for support. On my car there was a sheet of foam glued to the metal roof, likely for acoustics, but it wasn't attached to the fabric liner.

Hope that helps...
                  -Chris

Comment

Great, I was thinking how easy the E36 is....you pull the old one out, swap the new one in. On the E30, you have to completely remove all the windows...that sucks!

Any suggestions on fixing the very, very front of the headliner? Seems mine has started to peel away (black part from particle board?). Is the black part (section with visors/sunroof pane/check panel), separate from the headliner and removeable as one piece? Seems like the only option I have is to remove the windshield to fix it, or but a windshield banner on to hide it....which is mostly joking, but you get the idea!

Looks like the part I need to replace or have recovered is this: 51441884197
                    Last edited by BMWManiac; 12-21-2013, 12:44 AM.
                    1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

That front section does come out without removing the glass. Pull the check panel and sunroof switch and unplug the harnesses, you'll have to pull the door seals off where they sputter the panel, then open the sun roof a little and remove the screws there, unscrew the sun visors and their clips, and I believe your done.

Also pretty sure that the headliner replacement instructions I linked above starts out with removing this panel.

Good luck dude!
                      -Chris

Comment

Awesome! That is the only part that I need to fix....can't believe I finally realized it!
                        1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

Working...
                        X